It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word is could be getting a piece (call it a share option) which can be cashed later (when he's probably doubled its value!!)

Two per cent is worth about £180m? Entirely legal, like many offers to employees from top companies. Doesn't touch FFP and means we can keep the squad wage bill down.

Some reports have stated CFG will pay his wages but that is incorrect, as that would be third-party ownership.

Be surprised if we’re rolling out the full £1m+ per week for him. He doesn’t need the income tbh and image rights and whatever he earns elsewhere are gonna be more than enough to service his lifestyle in Rusholme curry houses.

As suggested it’s a capital play for him for total compensation and dealing with an owner with flexibility/creativity to make it work. There are already 3rd party minority investors in the CFG so more grist to the mill.

So some kind of Put Option for Messi with an appropriately generous exercise price giving him his £value and CFG undiluted (with current minority interests) control back.

UEFA and Europe’s mafia aristocracy are going to be apoplectic - getting the worlds best player for 2/3 seasons at cost no greater than our current most highly paid players and yet remunerating Messi his full worth plus.

Only wish I’d thought of it ... in fact I did think of it.

In fact just call me Khal.

Skimming this through at half-time then it sounds like we will be able to agree terms with Messi, however we still have to agree a deal with Barca.

The word is could be getting a piece (call it a share option) which can be cashed later (when he's probably doubled its value!!)

Two per cent is worth about £180m? Entirely legal, like many offers to employees from top companies. Doesn't touch FFP and means we can keep the squad wage bill down.

Some reports have stated CFG will pay his wages but that is incorrect, as that would be third-party ownership.
Excuse my ignorance a share of the whole CFG or a particular team? Just like a dividend I presume.

55a707dfe7aeb5ad1224aa665c90be04.gif

I’d rather we pay them 100m straight up for Messi, and give them Angelino, Garcia. Don’t let go off Cancelo, ffs. That’d be a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.