It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the news of barca sacking their lawyers because they advised Messi how to leave, wouldnt it make sense that they know what the contract states? Therefore he can very much leave for free?

I said this yesterday when it broke, you’d think both the club and Messi know the finer detailing in it and the exact wording. I’m also sure City’s legal team have given it a once over too to be double sure.

Cheers for the info as always Tolmie

Surely we still have to deal with Barca however? - if he is still under contract (and no one seems to be able to answer this question yet whether he is or isnt) they can still (and seemingly are doing) refuse to let him go unless we meet the ridiculous buy out clause......so what happens then? Messi surely wont go on strike to force his way out or go to court to challenge his contract and the interpritation of it.

I know that would mean they would lose him for free next year but they could still do that - Messi couldnt refuse to play if under contract

Thats the only barrier I can see but its a big one Barca refuse to budge on any negotiations.s
Alright mate :)

From my limited knowledge about transfers, I don’t think Barca can refuse. If we offer them the same amount as the Webster ruling would be. They either accept, or Messi buys his own contract out & come for free anyway. (With Messi getting the amount he’s had to pay out as a signing on fee)

It’s seems pretty simple to me, but always happy to be corrected by someone who knows factually

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.