It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I' was thinking that this meeting was key in the negotiation process but perhaps City and Messi plough on with paying off his contract and obtaining a transfer certificate whilst informing Barcelona that should they wish to invite an offer for c. £100m they are welcome to do so, otherwise Messi will no longer be a Barcelona player.

That presupposes that Messi is genuinely free to pay off his contract and that the release clause is null and void.

If Messi's contract with barcelona is less clear cut, then negotiations with Barca become more difficult. They'd still be faced with a player who was on strike nearing the end of his contract.

He's Txiki Begiristain isn't he? We're fucked if he doesn't know.

Is he?

I was thinking he was an ex part time journo with as much insider knowledge as @brooklandsblue2.0 and just posted as much stuff as possible so something would stick and now you tell me that he's actually in the know?

I take it all back then.

I still maintain after the last week or so that there is an agreement in principle (very detailed though) for messi to come to CFG (and to city to start with). And the more I think about it the more I think it’s been there for a while.

All of this posturing is about how messi leaves Barca, he wants them to succeed going forward and want to leave without upsetting the membership at Barca (doesn’t care about current board however).

We are therefore looking at brinkmanship between Barca and team messi currently. Messi wants to leave with a small payment and wave goodbye in good faith to the fans and be remembered for the 20 good years and not the last couple of weeks.

The board however have thrown their toys out of the pram and want as much money out of it, and to make it all about messi being the bad guy.

Messi holds the cards here I think but is playing it very calm, very silently and professionally - who does that remind you of ?
Jack Duckworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.