It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi was always going to be a bonus on top of our other signings. It would be incredible if we sign messi but I'm not hanging my hat on it happening.

What I am getting slightly concerned with is our other business a left sided cb likely to be a back up and an up and coming winger likely to also be a back up. Personally as it stands I dont see our squad as being any better than last seasons as much as i do like the two signings potential. We need to get the average age of the squad down as well, which we were great at but seem to be letting it creep up the last few years.

22 years ago today we beat Walsall 3-1 at home in the 3rd division and 22 years later we could be potentially signing one of the best footballers of all time.

What an unbelievable ride its been!!

Can see why people are sceptical ey haha.

I agree, I posted yesterday I was out with the family and the amount of Barça/Messi shirts I noticed on kids was crazy. Never paid any attention prior but as my daughter was running around I noticed the new shirt on a lot of kids. These are future fans of the club, they’ll follow the player rather than the team and they’ll generate income. My mates lad is Ronaldo mad so buys kits every year.. People are daft if they don’t think we can afford this deal. I’ve even seen Barça fans say they’ll support him in blue and buy a shirt! We won’t always generate new fans but they’ll follow Messi because it’s Messi, people will want to come and see him play too. It’s crazy.
Went to Barcelona last year (same weekend we beat Burnley away 1-0 on the Sunday midday) and watched them. Funnily enough I had bought tickets to see the Barcelona v Levante match 6 months before the game when we booked the trip. It turned out to be the game Barcelona clinched the title in which I was made up about - as it could be his last La Liga Title and I was there to see it.

Point of the story, I couldn't hear a Spanish speaking person around me. There were Scandinavians, Americans, Canadians, Italians, English, Africans and people from Australia/NZ just there to watch Messi. They all had Messi shirts on.

He started on the bench, and came on in the second half. The game at this point was 0-0, and when he was coming on everyone stood up- screamed with excitement, bowed down to him like he was a god and applauded him, and they did the same when he scored the winning goal. These weren't even Barcelona fans - they were Lionel Messi fans. I've never seen anything like it for one man.

Etihad could agree to continue at the same price but only sponsoring the campus, that then frees us to sign a crazy sponsor for the front of the shirt then another for the training kits and a third for the back of the first team shirts. Loads of ways around these things.
That's what we have been trying to do for the last 12 months, no takers so far, let's hope Messi changes that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.