Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the Puma contract be ripped up because we sign a player?

Total commercial revenue is £227m in YE2019. You say Puma is c£65m leaving £162m. 80% of that is £126m. We know that Etihad is at least £67.5m from CAS and it is probably more with bonuses in 2019. I need to find max £58.5m pa from Etisalat, VisitAD, AD Bank, Nexen and no doubt others in that list. I'm pretty confident it's 80%. I don't know. I never claimed to know. As we all know this whole forum is speculation.
I am sure the existing revenue base is insufficient to support Messi but Messi's presence should be transformative. And the Etihad deal is up for renewal...

Premier League players are genuinely excited about the prospect of playing v Messi, if the interviews so far are anything to go by.

Only half the media who are in the pockets of the Cartel, are looking at the negatives.

Players, even some rags & scousers are looking at the bigger picture of what this means for the league they work in.

Pulis was in The Times at the weekend and somewhat surprisingly he was all in favour of this deal happening. “Club Shop” said Messi would smash it and even reckoned he could do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke.

Jorge shits on us here and he is dead, fucking dead to me!
My 789hrs with the krag jorgenson on battlefield 5 will not have been for nothing if he does :-D
SKY

"Surely its not going to happen is it?"
If this was utd there would be wall to wall coverage, bugger it they would start a new sodding channel for it. They would literally clear the schedule for sky sports premier league with hastily made shows, interviews from every **** to wear a red shirt that is still alive, melodic music over montages etc the effing lot.

Papers are much the same, you would not know it is going on if you click half the back pages. Independent gets a special mention for having it stuffed 3/4's of the way down the page under the european footy section. Not like this has anything at all to do with City and the prem is it. Then again, anyone who employs miguel delaney should be assumed shitbags as a standard.

Total commercial revenue is £227m in YE2019. You say Puma is c£65m leaving £162m. 80% of that is £126m. We know that Etihad is at least £67.5m from CAS and it is probably more with bonuses in 2019. I need to find max £58.5m pa from Etisalat, VisitAD, AD Bank, Nexen and no doubt others in that list. I'm pretty confident it's 80%. I don't know. I never claimed to know. As we all know this whole forum is speculation.
So how do we not know PUMA were told Messi could be signed & if this happens the sponsorship will be revisited?

This so called Messi Tax will hapoen im sure of it

Umm - is Nexen not a S Korean company (i.e. nothing to do with AD)? Don't know how much they pay for shirt sleeve sponsorship but it will be a cut above most sponsors as it's on the match shirts. Also now Marathon Bet (E Europe) on the training kit and quite a few other non-AD companies on the sponsor list. the point I'm making is I don't doubt that AD-based companies make up a significant portion of commercial income but 80% seems unlikely now.

You missed "for law professionals only"
Don't worry I'm off so I think the financial debate will subside - I shouldn't have responded to being falsely quoted. I'm sure we'll be absolutely fine and none of the other clubs will bat an eyelid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.