New forum software

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating the way the alerts work on the new software. I think there may be an add-on to "fix" it though. Leave it with me.
Is that the issue I was mentioning the other week? It’s weird, never quite worked out what goes on with it now.

A minor but annoying thing, when page numbers in threads are three figures the 'next' drops to the line below, I keep hitting the last page number rather than next.

Also dark mode doesn't have the Politics sub forum on it.

Last edited:
As you can probably see, the forum software has now been updated to the latest version, as discussed elsewhere.

It was a pretty significant upgrade which required a lot of work, hence the downtime all morning. Sorry about that, but it was a necessity.

I've tried to keep things as similar as possible to the old site so it shouldn't take too much getting used to, but inevitably some things will be different.

Some functionality that was there previously may have gone as none of the old add-ons were compatible with the new software, but just let me know if you have any feedback/requests and I'll see what I can do. There will almost certainly be a few bugs and teething problems along the way, so please bear with us whilst we sort them out.

The search index is currently being rebuilt, but should be back up shortly.

Anyway, hope you like it. It was something that had to be done as the old software will become obsolete in time so it helps protect the future of the forum and hopefully will improve performance. Any questions just give me a shout. Cheers.
I have noticed that sometimes when I post, the draft remains in the reply box, even tho' it has uploaded to the thread. Danger of double posting.

You have a problem with the Chrome browser on an android phone. Press the delete key and the keyboard vanishes. You have to select the spot in the text box to continue entering text and press the delete key and it vanishes again.

You have a problem with the Chrome browser on an android phone. Press the delete key and the keyboard vanishes. You have to select the spot in the text box to continue entering text and press the delete key and it vanishes again.
When you say the delete key, I'm assuming you mean the key immediately to the right of the 'm' key. What keyboard are you using? I'm using the SwiftKey keyboard and have no problem on my S10 phone.

When you say the delete key, I'm assuming you mean the key immediately to the right of the 'm' key. What keyboard are you using? I'm using the SwiftKey keyboard and have no problem on my S10 phone.
Yes. Standard Samsung keyboard. Note 9.

Is anyone else finding pages get skipped in some threads ? When i go to the messi thread and jump to new posts it leaves some pages out, i notice because i see quoted posts i have not seen

Yeah, that's a known issue with the latest Chrome update on Android, as discussed here:

Is anyone else finding pages get skipped in some threads ? When i go to the messi thread and jump to new posts it leaves some pages out, i notice because i see quoted posts i have not seen
More likely that posts have been removed, but replies quoting it have been missed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.