Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why there's all this criticism of LFC being boring to watch. When they finally won the title, Henry Winter (who used to be a sane, rational human) wrote in The Times that Liverpool "deserved it as they played the best & most attractive football".
I am not making this up. Unbelievably, it actually did appear in that paper.

In January 2019 he wrote an article in The Times headlined "Every supporter should celebrate if Liverpool triumph".

If the oil does run out, we can always blame it on Chelsea fans.

Think we will be fine if the oil runs out .
88921655b9786e8f9f7ae872a72ea191.jpg

I dont know why there's all this criticism of LFC being boring to watch. When they finally won the title, Henry Winter (who used to be a sane, rational human) wrote in The Times that Liverpool "deserved it as they played the best & most attractive football".

Henry Winter, for me, has always been sneering at City and our Owners - it started with his first question to Mancini at his very first press conference.

How anybody could describe dipper football as “attractive” is deluded .... even spit boy describes it as “energetic”.

Henry winter should get the YNWA treatment from City - along with quite a few other members of FWA

YNWA = You’re Not Welcome Any more.

On reflection make that all members of FWA except for a couple or three maybe.

I read that quote from somewhere. If you are an afficionado of kick it and chase it, cross balls into the penalty area from absolutely anywhere, then you will be attracted to that kind of football. It can be effective as Liverpool have shown - it's one way of maximising points, but it's like two paintings. Summat where the canvas is covered in one colour with a splodge of another colour is one way of painting, and then there's Da Vinci, Carravagio, Ingres, David (not Silva), Constable et al. Since Mancini was appointed we have always been the latter. On some days the most painstaking effort just doesn't work for some artists.

Poor George Orwell, didn’t expect to see his prophecy materialise in the form of a football club, surely? But that is precisely what has happened.
Adult human beings, indoctrinated into a faith, programmed into abandoning freedom of thought and just accepting that black is white and white is black if the great Dipper overlord says so.

If following that particular cult, that would-be religion, what would be the punishment for apostasy? Say two Hail Mary’s and one ‘Lorra lorra laffs, Chuck‘?

Honestly, they are from a different planet, I swear it.
This post immediately reminded me of that famous Queen video "Radio Dipper".

Reactions: mat
I read that quote from somewhere. If you are an afficionado of kick it and chase it, cross balls into the penalty area from absolutely anywhere, then you will be attracted to that kind of football. It can be effective as Liverpool have shown - it's one way of maximising points, but it's like two paintings. Summat where the canvas is covered in one colour with a splodge of another colour is one way of painting, and then there's Da Vinci, Carravagio, Ingres, David (not Silva), Constable et al. Since Mancini was appointed we have always been the latter. On some days the most painstaking effort just doesn't work for some artists.
Their brand of footy has always been like a load of Jackson Pollock's to me.. (I jest in the name of making a weak pun .. I do like modern art!)

Like others posting above, I'm baffled by Winter et al banging on about Liverpool's 'attractive' style of play under Klopp. It really is limited; was similarly so under Rodgers (remember when they beat us at Anfield in 2014 3-2? went off like rockets to go, fortuitously, 2-0 up; ran out of steam; had no back-up game; and at 2-2 we were on the way to winning but for Vinny's error)

The sports press in this country makes stuff up as it goes along. Frankly, to use your painting metaphor, its output is just like that art work hanging in the Guggenheim in Bilbao of the two cubes dangling from a penis.. 'Balls to Picasso' I think it's called..

Last edited:
...every time I take a look at rawk, I catch a whopper within 30 seconds of arriving!

Son of Spion*

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Believer
  • 19:06
xx.gif

Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #10217 on: Yesterday at 03:55:20 PM »

What they did used to have was humility and humour, and I think this was well known in football, but since they sold out to the sports wash, they've lost all that and replaced it with anger, hatred, bitterness and a willingness to turn a blind eye to murders, torture and other horrors. They had no real rivals before, and even their neighbours just laughed at them. Now, well they need the validation of a genuine rivalry. Thing is, no one gives a monkeys about them enough to be bothered. Their 'rivalry' with us is all one-way and forced. They want and need a big boys rivalry like we have with their infinitely bigger neighbours, and it pisses them off no end that we won't indulge and give them what they crave.

====================================================================================================

...humour??... It's a lot easier to be self deprecating when you're team's shit and you're even getting laughed at for the fact that your crowds get bigger the worse you get. But there's still plenty of that kind of humour (witness the empty seats song for starters)...roughly 10,000 times as much as there ever has been surrounding the southern end of stanley park - where humour seems to be defined as the ability to dish out abuse in a thoroughly bitter manner, and then start crying like a bunch of paper thin skinned babies when anything comes back at you~

#reference the fact that it was these scumbags who started the Munich air disaster baiting during the 70s and 80s...and then compare and contrast that with the reaction to anyone even remotely questioning their own role in what happened on 15/04/89...'we're going to get you arrested'...'we're going to get you sacked'...'we're going to burn your house down at 4am'...etc etc ad nauseum.

...a willingness to turn a blind eye to murders...~whilst continually banging on about sports washing, torture, gay rights etc has there actually been one scrap of evidence presented as back up? Let's say there were, and more than that it was presented as 'City fans visit owner's homeland and go on gay bashing, murdering, torturing and enslavement rampage'...would it be framed by us as...
'it was them gays what threw themselves off the top of those buildings, not us'
'it was that whip what dished out 50 lashes, not us'
etc etc

Would it?

... the way they go on about such things... it's enough to make anyone think we've got a major financial benefactor implicated in money laundering for murderous goverments and terrorist organisations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.