#8 | Ilkay Gündoğan - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea the guy literally singlehanded the club a league last year but hey..

He should be playing at 6 rotating with Rodri.

Can't have them both playing in the league, we just keep getting overran. I do hope Peps decided on playing Bernardo or Foden in there because we're in need of pace and energy in the centre of the field

Yeah , we should have let him go for free , like it or not clubs in europe would have been queing up to sign him , i dont mind constructive or sensible debate , but Gundogan insisting on minutes in the Champs league in his contract is f*cking hilarious.
Agree, I still think it's blackmail. Wonder what he's got on Pep?

He scored a well taken goal for Germany against Switzerland today (although the goalie should have done better being beaten at the near post). I would like to see him getting those types of shots in for us if played as an 8.

He scored a well taken goal for Germany against Switzerland today (although the goalie should have done better being beaten at the near post). I would like to see him getting those types of shots in for us if played as an 8.

He always gets chances to shoot and passes the burden. The man cant score from 3 yards out hes even missed from under the crossbar. Hes crap.

He always gets chances to shoot and passes the burden. The man cant score from 3 yards out hes even missed from under the crossbar. Hes crap.
Didn’t miss when finishing off one of the best moves I’ve ever seen to clinch the derby that time did he.
He’s an unbelievably good player who was an integral part of back to back titles and yet he still gets twatted on daft forums.

Apart from the fact Foden,Merlin and Bernardo are totally different players who play different roles to Gundogan , all three of the players mentioned play as a number ten or can drift wide and are in the team to create , Gundogan doesnt and never will , he is in the team to hold the ball and rotate and retain possession and give the ball to the player who can create , commonly known as a "water carrier" these type of players do not recieve the plaudits , in fact some fans actually despise them
Not sure if you have noticed in the four seasons Pep has been here , his whole game plan is about ball retention and Gundogan alongside Merlin is the best at it.
To support your Post.i give you John McGovern. Nottingham Forest.
Two European cups.he got dogs abuse from the forest Main Stand,hecklers called him " Duck feet".....
They couldn't understand what he offered to the team.Discipline.ball retentionshape....Clough understood ,which is why he was the first player signed at Derby and Forest..two titles,and two European cups.
That is why Gundogan was Peps first signing for City........

To support your Post.i give you John McGovern. Nottingham Forest.
Two European cups.he got dogs abuse from the forest Main Stand,hecklers called him " Duck feet".....
They couldn't understand what he offered to the team.Discipline.ball retentionshape....Clough understood ,which is why he was the first player signed at Derby and Forest..two titles,and two European cups.
That is why Gundogan was Peps first signing for City........
A good player but not a great player best leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.