It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the compensation is set by a judge, it will be <€50m and I could see a scenario where another board doesn't bother pursuing it. Bartomeu's attempt to fuck over Messi is a shit way to treat your greatest player, when the fans get out of the denial phase they will realise that and I think a new board could write off a 20-40m fee in order to rebuild the relationship with Messi and claim a return to the "mes que un club" ways.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't matter much to City anyway, the fee will be small.
So we’re getting Messi for less than we got Cancelo? I approve of that.

The thing is, Regardless of technicality and legal accuracy (and i doubt competent lawyers already sacked by bartomeu for saying the same, woukd go this public if they werent damb well confident they were right) Messi now has all the moral high ground here, 100% of it.

He in good will acted on a contract. When bartomeu refused to accept that, he reportedly had his canp offer a negotiated amicable way out. Whether thise clains were briefed, leaked, speculated or fabricated, does not matter in the slightest now, they are out there and will stick, that he tried to do right by the club in a grown up way. And bartomeu refused and decided to stick purely to contract.

So now, as contract allows, he can in no way be seen as having screwed barca over or cost them a transfer fee, just that he took the privilege legally afforded to him, after having explored other options first. Nobody can hold that against him, he can leave with or without a goodbye without a stain on his legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.