It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's zero chance he does a Delph and says he's staying only to turn around and leave.

Stick a fork in this, it's done.
to be clear, it's not really the same is it. messi has been very clear that he wants to leave, but the club won't sell or release him. delph was a good old fashioned u-turn

As stated in one of the other pages, it's clear as anything that he needed to get it out there how much he loves Barcelona and despite even making his family unhappy, wanted to be happy somewhere else. It's a final powerplay, inviting a bid to be considered, under the scrutiny of the the world.

I've just said the same to my mate. Feels like a play to get the fans on side whilst telling the world he wants out officially, also that it's something that's been on his mind for a while(nothing to do with Bayern etc).
Maybe he hopes if Bartomeu gets a vote of no confidence he may be allowed to go by the board.

On further reflection I think this interview is designed to engineer a bid.

He's said he wants to go. He's said he wont go to war with the club he loves. He's shown no aggression or confrontation. He's been "nice". He's made the world feel for him.

As of today, theres been no bid, no tangible suitor. No one officially wanting him.

A bid goes in now and it changes the dynamic.

The pressure on Barca would be off the scale.
That’s my thinking, a bid will give them a decision to make now, knowing Messi’s position / state of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.