It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have one last go at this. Family is very emotive and appeals to everyone. We can all relate to it.

Messi did not say that was the reason for staying. Quite the reverse.

He clearly states the reasons. THEN he says he was so determined to move he was prepared to upset his family.

He’s saying he feels that strongly that he was prepared to upset his family who eventually agreed.

Why pretend he is saying something else? If it was a family decision he would have said so and probably extended his contract.

That MAY change in the future with a new board but it’s CLEARLY not the situation now.
Thought I had better reply to this post saying I totally agree with you on this topic because I was getting bored hitting the like button on each of your posts about it.

Wonder if we'll ever hear anything official from City about this whole situation or will it be brushed under the carpet and treated as though we were never seriously in for him.... which could be the truth

Wonder if we'll ever hear anything official from City about this whole situation or will it be brushed under the carpet and treated as though we were never seriously in for him.... which could be the truth
Maybe we Clarkied Barca.
In which case, who’s next?

Thought I had better reply to this post saying I totally agree with you on this topic because I was getting bored hitting the like button on each of your posts about it.

People think about their own situations and how important family is to them so I get it.

It’s just that they’ve missed the point that Messi was making somehow.

It’s like saying I’m a vegetarian but I’m going to eat this bacon sandwich if it will show you how badly I want to leave.

Then people say he is staying because he is a vegetarian.

I honestly think if we made a decent offer it would be rejected and we would end up looking stupid. This twat doesn’t care about the future of Barça he cares more about point scoring. if he acted in the business interests of Barça he would be negotiating for the best deal instead of threatening players with litigation. I don’t trust him at all and I hope we walk away.

It’s like saying I’m a vegetarian but I’m going to eat this bacon sandwich if it will show you how badly I want to leave.

Then people say he is staying because he is a vegetarian.

I've read that 5 times and still don't get it ….but then again, alcohol has been consumed

This is the only reason I have a niggle it could still have legs... That thought process off they need his wage off the books and were playing for a huge offer to clear debt. But no offer came, best thing City could do now is nothing. Wait a few weeks then put in a £40m bid to test the water. Let them sweat, let Messi show up to training where the media will see him unhappy with his head down etc. Negotiate up to £80m then walk away, in Jan if he’s not joined offer £20m going up to £40m then walk away. But then I still have a doubt they’d even do business with us now, I can see PSG offering €200m and it being accepted, we’ll not match that for a 33 year old in his last year of a contract.
Totally agree with that mate good post I’ve always thought PSG are the danger here .
But my mate sorry for repeating this is still adamant Barca will have to do business with someone.

Imagine, say, you’d caught your missus shagging a bloke from work (not me btw. I’d never catch her at it for a start...)
Then she graciously decides to stay ‘for the sake of the kids’
You know that marriage is irreparably fucked. Whatever you say in public, it’s broken beyond repair and there’s nothing can save it. Doomed. It can’t be fixed.
Like I said, it’s a long time until October 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.