It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t make sense if it was over

I did say this before TH and Ahsan said it wasn't over...it made no sense for Messi to concede now.

Even if it's true that Bartomeu said €700m or court, why would you give up after a week? Why would you not use your influence at the club and power with the fans to try and pressure him into changing his stance?

At the very least, why would you not use the stand off and the carrot of coming back into the fold as a way to get some decent signings in for next season if you can't leave?

Nothing made sense about conceding yesterday on the grounds that he gave.

What would the next step be? I can see Batomeu's ego coming into play here and selling Messi after being so publicly slated by Messi, and the fan backlash that Barca will cop. I've not seen many if any Barca fans celebrating the Messi announcement, they'd rather he leave and be happy then forced to stay.

I think the next step will be us putting a bid in for him....I think this is the way that it was always going to pan out as the likelyhood of the Barca president acting properly was extremely low.

If we put a bid in for him there will be presure to sell him knowing he will walk for free next summer. Barca are in debt - they need money to bring players in. They also want Garcia from us (his value is a pittance when compared to Messi but he is a player they covert) and we may see him as part of the bid.

Pressure from other board members
pressure from a section of the fan base - Messi has told them they are better off without him and that the team needs rebuilding without him - this is a message directly to them with the caveat that its the team that matters not him - he has won the battle of hearts and minds with that one statement.
Pressure from other board members and share holders (again the fans in Barca's case)
Pressure from the media

Of course the Bart may hold out and refuse

b75f747a361c891f69ca3942dff4b6d3.gif
Beat me to it! :-)

I'd love for this to not be over but can you honestly see Messi saying he's staying and then doing another massive U-turn? He wouldn't do it to the Barca fans.

I did say this before TH and Ahsan said it wasn't over...it made no sense for Messi to concede now.

Even if it's true that Bartomeu said €700m or court, why would you give up after a week? Why would you not use your influence at the club and power with the fans to try and pressure him into changing his stance?

At the very least, why would you not use the stand off and the carrot of coming back into the fold as a way to get some decent signings in for next season if you can't leave?

Nothing made sense about conceding yesterday on the grounds that he gave.
Part of the dance hopefully.

For me this is over and City can save some face with being relatively in the background in all this.

But if we start making some offers now after his interview and it gets rejected by Barca board that is not good for City at all. I would let this go for City, and concentrate on other targets that will make City so much stronger this season than we were last season. Thats what Chelsea did this window, spending big oney but bringing in quality payers in multiple positions. (Ziyech is not being mentioned a lot but for me he was very cheap and very good winger who could have lot of success in PL, and then there is Chilwell, Werner, Havertz and T.Silva too could offer them some stability in the back short term which they very much need.)

Ake and Torres are good signings but do not expect them to be starts most of the season. When injuries happen or when we need to rotate yes will will start some games, but none of them will start 20+ PL games. We need imo 2 players of that category that are good enough to come in and start most PL games. To give us a push, to wake the squad up a bit that they need to fight much harder than last season to get into first 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.