It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. I think Chelsea are the ones to be careful of this season. They have some good energetic players & nothing but respect for Frank.
They are putting together a very good team, think they'll take time to gel, think deep squads will be needed next season too. Will be interesting whether all the goals they conceded last year was down to players or coaching. He still has a lot to prove imo.

Sam Lee is reporting we have already lined up an alternative forward for Messi in the event it didn't happen.

How should I know , unless you can see the future. We'll buy what we need now for the season. Between now and January things might change and we might buy or sell. Saying we won't buy in January is wrong things change,players suddenly become available, injuries happen We've bought in January before, Laporte, Dzeko. We will again, maybe this January maybe we won't. You don't know, neither does anyone else.

Pep had a right good go at signing mahrez in January too. Can't be claimed as an absolute that he doesn't sign players in January, based on a quote that was a deflection. January is a whole half season away, still a month left of this window. I'd like to see pep extend his contract first, ahead of thinkibg about january or next summer.

Sam Lee is reporting we have already lined up an alternative forward for Messi in the event it didn't happen.

Well he also said in the same podcast, that there is still a 10-15 % chance of Messi signing this window ( reasoning barca finances bad, Messi still wants to leave etc)

All speculation tbh

WTF?

If the players are not available now, why will they suddenly become available in January?

The weakness in our squad have been there for all to see for 18 months, there are players out there who would upgrade us, let's hope the Tixki does not let his mate down like he did last summer.
I'd love to know who your sources are within the club who feel let down and pass on the information to you. Do they go as high as Khaldoon (whisper it, even SM)

I'd love to know who your sources are within the club who feel let down and pass on the information to you. Do they go as high as Khaldoon (whisper it, even SM)
So Tixki did not fail to get a cb last summer?

Tixki spent all summer chasing Maguire, a player Pep wanted, then pulled out of the deal because it was not good value.

Tixki despite spending all summer chasing the said Maguire, once the club withdrew from the race to sign him , had no backup option?

Yes Pep was let down last summer, and it was obvious to all that Pep was pissed about it.

So Tixki did not fail to get a cb last summer?

Tixki spent all summer chasing Maguire, a player Pep wanted, then pulled out of the deal because it was not good value.

Tixki despite spending all summer chasing the said Maguire, once the club withdrew from the race to sign him , had no backup option?

Yes Pep was let down last summer, and it was obvious to all that Pep was pissed about it.
We don't fully understand the ins and outs of how Txiki has to operate. I don't suppose he has an open cheque book to utilise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.