New striker?

I'll repeat on here what I said in the other thread:

I believe our lack of clinical edge is more down to mentality than lack of ability or personnel. When the team was pumped up for games from 17-19 we very often found a way to break through, even the apparently "awful" finishers like Sterling and Jesus were popping up with good and important goals. Liverpool have done it a load of times themselves these past two years, but the second they won the title and their heads dropped they started to struggle to find the breakthrough as often all of a sudden. This season De Bruyne has had a better mentality than anyone and I don't think it's a coincidence that he's often the guy creating or scoring with something out of nothing to give us a chance to not lose (often in vain).

So basically we probably need someone for depth sake, but it's not a quality issue.

With only Sergio and Jesus as our two main strikers. Should Pep be looking to bring in another striker to help them. Maybe some one around the age of 28/29yrs old. I was thinking maybe Antoine Griezmann from Barcelona, or maybe Danny Ings from Southampton. Either would give us a deeper squad depth with strikers.

With only Sergio and Jesus as our two main strikers. Should Pep be looking to bring in another striker to help them. Maybe some one around the age of 28/29yrs old. I was thinking maybe Antoine Griezmann from Barcelona, or maybe Danny Ings from Southampton. Either would give us a deeper squad depth with strikers.

Younger striker be better. Or bring up one of the young team.

The key is having players that can play multiple positions. We do have a 3rd choice striker. It's Sterling. If you were going to bring someone else in, it should be someone like Aubameyang who can play wide or through the middle and still score.

Danny Ings ....that would be a real kick in the teeth to Delap & co

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.