It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even for a test done via the post? I've seen people waiting four or five days. I sent the test kit away Monday morning and the tracker ID also confirmed it had been delivered to the sorting office in Glasgow 24 hours later.

It has clearly been delivered and suspected it was just down to the huge backlog they must have.

A sit stands, I can come out of quarantine tomorrow after ten days anyway?

Look after yourself pal. Hope all good. Weird times we are living through at the moment

So it looks like it will be Koulibaly and that will be it?

If so, anyone else thinks it's a mistake not to get a CM or striker?

We fell apart at important times last season without Fern in midfield and we're relying on Aguero to score the important goals again but that knee injury is no joke, can cause other problems.

Greedy I know, I got carried away with expectation on here after the CAS verdict.

The reports all summer have been that we want at least 1-2 + Koulibaly. Another LB as well as a forward. But given the pace of our business this summer. Wouldn't surprise me if we only got Koulibaly (or none at all).

Hard to see us signing another forward when no good ones seem to be available. Would be depressing to see us go for someone average like Martinez. When Messi, Haaland, Mbappe and maybe even Neymar could be on the market next summer.

We fell apart at important times last season without Fern in midfield and we're relying on Aguero to score the important goals again but that knee injury is no joke, can cause other problems.

Greedy I know, I got carried away with expectation on here after the CAS verdict.
There are three weeks of the window left aren’t there??

There seems to be a change of direction from the club in terms of transfers.

The chairman said in the end of the season interview that there would be incomings and this after the signings of Ake and Torres.

I am sure we will sign a CB but that apart seems very quite.

Are the club worried about what the season holds in the future regarding covid/finances?

There are three weeks of the window left aren’t there??
Yes but the optimum time to do the deal has passed which makes you wonder if we are serious about doing the deal at all. Sorting the central defence out should have been the absolute priority for this Summer. Now we go to Wolves with a defence that will lift Wolves and give them genuine hope of beating us.

We spent most of the Summer camped out on the Nou Camp car park but haven't yet done the bare minimum of what was required. I'll be well p'ssed off with City if they go a 2nd season without replacing Kompany.

There seems to be a change of direction from the club in terms of transfers.

The chairman said in the end of the season interview that there would be incomings and this after the signings of Ake and Torres.

I am sure we will sign a CB but that apart seems very quite.

Are the club worried about what the season holds in the future regarding covid/finances?
In that case buy Koulibaly first. Get the essential deal done. We could have made just the one signing this Summer (Koulibaly) and put ourselves back in contention. Perhaps we probably still will move but you have to wonder now.

For everyone worrying about lack of signings btw, I think it's worth looking at the activity of other clubs for comparison.

United have one signing and Liverpool have none.

Barcelona have the strange Pjanic swap and the only other likely first teamer is a 20 year old Portuguese winger for €30m.

Real Madrid have made no moves to date.

PSG signed Icardi (who we wouldn't have wanted but still) and a backup goalkeeper.

Bayern took Leroy from us and did their usual trick of fucking over another Bundesliga team by tapping up their Goalkeeper and having him run down his contract.

Only Chelsea have made several significant first team signings.

It seems like it's not an easy summer and there's a lot left in the tank for the end of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.