It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go into this season without another LB and right sided CB then it will be a bizarre window given the early optimism

Meniscus injuries often linger, especially in older players. I'm pretty pessimistic about this season for Sergio.
Yep, depending on how bad it was, simple twist and it flares, nightmare.
Not sure if he’s a golfer, but it’ll fuck up his swing too in a few years

People saying that negotiating for Messi, would not interfere with other transfers, because it involves 'different money' are deluded in that respect, I think.

It won't interfere with signing a cb or fullback, but it will interfere re strikers, attacking players & maybe even def mids, purely regarding squad balance & places.
That I think originated with TH and he's been called all sorts but I don't think deluded is one of them.

Carabou cup surely? The thing I’ve never quite understood with Pep (and his thinking is stratospherically different to most people, I know) is why he doesn’t put a couple of young lads on, now and again, when we are 5 up with 10-15 minutes left? It’s almost always Aguero off, Silva/Sterling off and KDB off, with Mahrez, Jesus, Gundogan, Foden or Rodri on and sometimes for 5 minutes. That’s when the ‘boys’ might be worth giving a go, I’d have thought.

For that to happen, they would have to be on the bench instead of one of those players.
More often than not we aren’t 5-0 up, its 1 or 2.
Pep does not take the risk of putting inexperience on the field when its tight.

If KDB gets injured in the 20th minute and mahrez and gundogan arent on the bench because bernabe and delap are, thats when a likely win becomes cagey and risks 3 points.

When the league has been won with 100, 98, 99 points respectively. 1 loss can be fatal.
Putting kids (with immense promise) on the bench instead of proven internationals is a big risk.

People saying that negotiating for Messi, would not interfere with other transfers, because it involves 'different money' are deluded in that respect, I think.

It won't interfere with signing a cb or fullback, but it will interfere re strikers, attacking players & maybe even def mids, purely regarding squad balance & places.

I think the assumption there is that we are not in for any. No new striker, midfielder or attacking player targeted, but should messi have come, would have been welcomed to add to all 3 roles. And if not, then no change to the plan (of not signing any).

Not claiming to agree or disagree with that, just that it is what the arguement seems to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.