Spurs thread 2020/21

Alli is a good player whose development stopped because of Poch initially losing the dressing room and suffered even more at the hands of this dinosaur who's more worried about teaching his players how to be cunts than actually train them.

If any other manager had Winks and Ndombele at their disposal they would be doing a lot better, same goes for Kane, Son and Bergwijn. But Mou is more obsessed with technically limited workhorses like Eric Dier only because they are bilingual. I for one am glad Levy did appoint Mou, these lot were getting too arrogant after their CL fluke vs us, and now are back to zero, moved to a new stadium and probably go through what Arsenal did, except any success prior (or after, at least in near future).

Alli is a good player whose development stopped because of Poch initially losing the dressing room and suffered even more at the hands of this dinosaur who's more worried about teaching his players how to be cunts than actually train them.
Maybe just maybe he had one brilliant season.
Then cannot get to the same standard again.
Happens quite a lot.
Was it not Peps first season that he had a brilliant season.
Seems ages ago.Nothing to do with Poch or the dinosaur.
That last world cup he was poor as well.
You cannot blame managers for his loss of form.
All down to him.

Dele is an interesting player because he has a very specific skill set. His movement is great, he’s a very reliable finisher, he’s technically proficient, he’s resourceful and he’s tenacious.

But he’s not really a creator, not that good back-to-goal, lacks the defensive discipline to play in central midfield, isn’t quick enough or a good enough dribbler to play wide - so where do you play him?

Dele is an interesting player because he has a very specific skill set. His movement is great, he’s a very reliable finisher, he’s technically proficient, he’s resourceful and he’s tenacious.

But he’s not really a creator, not that good back-to-goal, lacks the defensive discipline to play in central midfield, isn’t quick enough or a good enough dribbler to play wide - so where do you play him?

Subs bench?

I'm not convinced Mourinho is past it tactically, he overperformed significantly with United when they got 81 to our 100. He's starting to get some of his own signings in at Spurs, and it's telling he went after two midfielders.

Spurs have shit creativity from the midfield which has been papered over by Kane's finishing. We'll see how Lo Celso works out, not convinced Hojbjerg will contribute much on that front if the first game is any indication. Surprised they weren't in for Aouar.

Barnet reserve league

Feel Peggy will get the bullet with their squad weakened, they wont make the heights of previous years imo.....will that lead up to Maureen getting a paid hand shake to fook off or will they let him stay. think he suits spurs TBF.

I'm not convinced Mourinho is past it tactically, he overperformed significantly with United when they got 81 to our 100. He's starting to get some of his own signings in at Spurs, and it's telling he went after two midfielders.

Spurs have shit creativity from the midfield which has been papered over by Kane's finishing. We'll see how Lo Celso works out, not convinced Hojbjerg will contribute much on that front if the first game is any indication. Surprised they weren't in for Aouar.
I was looking at their midfield against Everton. I think it’s fair to say Everton now have a superior midfield. Tottenham’s is horrific.

I was looking at their midfield against Everton. I think it’s fair to say Everton now have a superior midfield. Tottenham’s is horrific.

You could be right. Everton have done some good business.

But Spurs were missing Lo Celso. Fantastic player. By far our best midfielder last season. And Ndombele has had no preseason owing to injury and covid so was way off the pace in his cameo against Everton. If he can get his head right (and reports suggest that he is working super hard in training) then we have a potential world class midfielder in our ranks.

If we had to make do with just Sissoko and Winks for the remainder of the season, then I would be very worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.