It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Villa and their defensive midfielder in Carabao Cup, Nakamba. Imagine having a ballwinner like him, running all over the pitch for 90 minutes, tackling, breaking up play at full speed. Would have loved to see a guy like that instead of Rodri at defensive mid, just to see what difference it could make. In my opinion we’d be so much better with a player of his style.

Based on our style of play, I’m surprised we got a heavy and quite slow player like Rodri having to defend when we get countered. It just doesn’t work very well.

I’m still hoping we’ll bring in a young Fernandinho soon. Bennacer at Milan would be amazing.

Watching Villa and their defensive midfielder in Carabao Cup, Nakamba. Imagine having a ballwinner like him, running all over the pitch for 90 minutes, tackling, breaking up play at full speed. Would have loved to see a guy like that instead of Rodri at defensive mid, just to see what difference it could make. In my opinion we’d be so much better with a player of his style.

Based on our style of play, I’m surprised we got a heavy and quite slow player like Rodri having to defend when we get countered. It just doesn’t work very well.

I’m still hoping we’ll bring in a young Fernandinho soon. Bennacer at Milan would be amazing.
i think rodri will be class with some energy around him

You’re surprised Pep signed the exact kind of deep-lying playmaker he has installed in every team he’s managed?

I agree the team needs an energetic defensive midfielder.

Gundo and Rodri are a weak link in the squad.

However Nakamba is playing against Burton Albion. Let's wait for sterner opposition before praising him.

You’re surprised Pep signed the exact kind of deep-lying playmaker he has installed in every team he’s managed?

No not really but Pep have seen up close how effective Fernandinho is and how much he protects the back four. Ferna has been instrumental for us so logic tells me Pep should have looked for a younger version of him, a defensive midfielder at first and a great passer of the ball as a secondary attribute.

Fact is, Rodri didn’t bring any defensive cover whatsoever and for his pricetag and the position he is meant to fill, it’s definitely concerning for me. On the other hand, it was his first season. Hopefully he’ll get it right this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.