It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to take into consideration that Barca are financially deep in it, so can understand them wanting to try and get as much as they can.

They know he is going so are using everything they can to make the best of a bad thing

This cannot be right, because FFP was introduced to make sure that clubs are run on a sustainable financial basis

You can Judge the difference this way. On Thursday IIRC Tolmie said something like “I can’t believe Im going to write this but I think we’ve got him.”

That was well before the various tweets came out of Spain and Argentina confirming that (a) Messi wants away, and (b) we were in pole position to buy him.

Now no journalist has a crystal ball. It is possible that Juve will come in with an 11th hour offer that not even Messi could refuse. It’s possible he will change his mind. It’s possible that the legal position is exactly as La Liga have stated. But thus far Tolmie has called it absolutely spot on. He has got one reliable source somewhere. Bluemoon has been way ahead of every single social media and news organisation on the planet on this, and it’s essentially down to him.

As for Sam Lee, what’s he said exactly?

Excellent post Chris. I doubt Juventus would give Messi a slice of the club though ;-)

I had a small road trip yesterday and decided to sign up for the 93:20 podcast so I would have some listening material. The first of the four Messi ones included Sam as a guest and I have to say after listening to that my opinion of him has gone down considerably. Not only does he seem to know fuck all, he may have the worst radio presence of anyone in the media I've ever known. It was cringe-worthy how bad he was.

Yeah that was my impression of that podcast too, other podcasts with sam on have been good and informative but this one was poor by him even throwing in oh might have to throw Kdb in or sterling! How long as he been covering city and he comes up with that does he really think that we would sacrifice those players.

If needs be, and subject to legal advice, leave it a year and then get him on a free. If Lionel then takes it easy in 20/21 who could blame him, and Barce can enjoy paying his salary. I suspect we will get by better for a year without him than they will with him. Good luck managing that one Ronald. Up yours Tebas. Start practicing a limp Lionel
Trouble is by then he’ll probably have precious little useful time left. He also risks injury in the meantime. At age 33, a year is a fcukin long time.

If City are prepared to pay, it can be no more than the value they put on the next 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.