It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Messi sign his contract? If it is more than two years ago then he can leave under the Webster ruling for the cost of his remaining wages under his current contract.

La Liga clubs love these silly buy out clauses but they don't take precedence if there's a conflict like this.

I think Barca are just playing to the media really. They'll get money for him as per the Webster ruling. Claim they got more than they should have and that will be that.
Ah, another amateur lawyer with a “definitive” legal opinion.

Messi should save his legal fees by just coming on here.

Who decides in the end who is right and wrong? So now suddenly there is no release clause, meaning he could leave for free? This is gonna go on for weeks.

This is not 100% definitely true.

When Messi's contract was leaked by der spiegel and mediapart in France, they didn't explicitly state if he gets €70m as a lump sum at the end, or if it's paid out pro-rata, which is more common.

So they've possibly paid him €35m of that 70 already with another €17.5 due around about now for the 19/20 season, and another €17.5 at the end of the deal.

By the way, if those two news organisations felt like leaking the other part of his contract, like the exit clause, we could all be a lot more informed...

Even if Der Spiegel did print it would we take it as gospel? Given their track record!

When you cut through the posturing we’re at the inevitable point. All parties know he can now never play for them again. All parties know where he will be playing this season. This should now be sorted quite quickly with everyone just trying to get the best deal possible in their interests.

Ah, another amateur lawyer with a “definitive” legal opinion.

Messi should save his legal fees by just coming on here.
I came here for legal advice for my 2nd and 3rd divorces tbh. Saved a fortune in legal fees. Gotta do 16hrs a day camming to pay for the alimony but it was worth it.

No it doesn't.
If anything it speeds up the process, no fee we win.

Yes, but you have two parties (Messi vs. La Liga + Barcelona) saying two different things. Messi states "I'm free to leave", the other says "no". Many sources claim he doesn't have a 700m release clause but Barca could continue not listening. It worked out so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.