It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would be idiots not to jump at the chance of a transfer fee (100m) and to lose his wages (50m) for a 33 year old, even if it is Messi.
Don't forget his £63m bonus at the end of each season!
That's also in his reported contract. This last year is gonna cost them mega ding. Throw in Covid restrictions and it's a questionable business decision from Bartomeu!!!!!!!!

First off I don’t think you can call them poncey

second I doubt you no enough about Spanish under 12 13 14 15 16 etc to comment on how good they are Beside if you buy 5 players and make few hundred k on each that’s better than buying just one of them

Also they do not have to play for us to go up in value that happens with natural improvement and besides we can loan them out to get them games does not have to be here a large part of the point of CFG

We have done better than almost an club when it comes to making money on developing players

3rd Yes I can
4th Yes I can
5th Not the most efficient way
6th How do you know ?
7th Who the fuck cares about it, when anyone in their right mind wants to see players coming through, for City, from City's Academy ?

I don’t think a small team has done us any harm so far.
As for academy players being solely for city, that’s never happening. There are too many in the academy for that to ever happen.The academy is bringing potential players in the hope that some make it to the first team, the rest get educated, schooled and shipped out to start a career elsewhere with a transfer fee.
We may get lucky in time and have all the stars align so we get half a dozen or more academy lads in the first team, but that’s likely wishful thinking for us all. It would be great though

Why not bring in ones who are more suitable to actually playing football for City, rather than ones who are very unlikely to, because even if they were genius, they can't run quick enough, work hard enough or on the other hand, are just nothing special full stop ?

The rags have two kids from Manchester, in their forward line, our best kid so far, is from Manchester.

Who is getting paid for bringing in medium paced, medium skilled weaklings from Europe ?

Following city for the best part of 50 years and I always had a list of terrible players I wanted rid of.

That pretty much ended with the departure of Mangala.

Now when I look at who people want to leave they’re often full and current Internationals who are still pretty good.

Made me realise

1. There are always scapegoats

2. How lucky we are

Following city for the best part of 50 years and I always had a list of terrible players I wanted rid of.

That pretty much ended with the departure of Mangala.

Now when I look at who people want to leave they’re often full and current Internationals who are still pretty good.

Made me realise

1. There are always scapegoats

2. How lucky we are

Come on man,surely there are a couple who you'd sooner chance their arms at another club,football evolves so quickly these days,got to keep the conveyor belt moving

That's such an insane overreaction over rodri's first season in blue that I don't even know how to respond to it. I have no clue what season you were watching, but Rodri has been pretty good.

There lies the main problem with City at present.

Folks discussing whether various players in absolutely key positions have been 'pretty good' or not.

If KDB, Vinny, Yaya, DS, Dinho, Sergio etc had been 'pretty good' we wouldn't have won many trophies.

Barcelona should have cashed in on Messi whilst they had the chance.

Like it or not, the well managed clubs in European football at the moment are Liverpool and Bayern Munich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.