General Videogame Thread

Problem with digital only is the games are increasing digitally to £70+ per game. So from what they lose on hardware they will soon make up in money from their digital store. Also means no more buying second hand games for a fraction of the cost. I may buy the disk version just so I can have a blu-ray player as well.
Absolutely this.

Besides, I still don't think our BB infrastructure in this country supports a digital-only console experience

I'm tempted to go with the PS5 disc version which will allow me to continue playing PS4 games and agree with what many posters have said regarding disc games being a lower cost.

£69.99 RRP for first party games.

Ouch.

Series S directly at launch for me. Saved up £300 MS credit through website like CD Keys, only paid £225 total. Also stacked the 3 years Game Pass Ultimate for £121.

That’s cheaper than the PS5 digital RRP. Series S console, £50 credit left over and 3 years online play, Game Pass, Xcloud streaming, EA Play and PC Game Pass.

Sony missing the train here, not many people will be happy paying £359.99 + £49.99 for online + £70 for one game. That’s a £500 outlay on the cheaper model day one, for one game.

You can finance the Xbox interest free, no down payment for £21 a month; comes with Game Pass Ultimate as well and after 24 months you own the console.

£69.99 RRP for first party games.

Ouch.

Series S directly at launch for me. Saved up £300 MS credit through website like CD Keys, only paid £225 total. Also stacked the 3 years Game Pass Ultimate for £121.

That’s cheaper than the PS5 digital RRP. Series S console, £50 credit left over and 3 years online play, Game Pass, Xcloud streaming, EA Play and PC Game Pass.

Sony missing the train here, not many people will be happy paying £359.99 + £49.99 for online + £70 for one game. That’s a £500 outlay on the cheaper model day one, for one game.

You can finance the Xbox interest free, no down payment for £21 a month; comes with Game Pass Ultimate as well and after 24 months you own the console.
xbox are so betamax though :)

I was going to go PlayStation this time as with hindsight I preferred ps after being on xbox one this gen but flight simulator 2020 is a game changer for me so xbox it will be.

Also love the pricing structure they're offering.

Maybe a ps5 in a year or two.

First World problems eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.