Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's that good why did Bayern let him run his contract down?
I know he is a lot younger, but we got £55m for Sane with a year left on his contract.

I'm confused by the logic here, Bayern didn't want Thiago to run his deal down, he just did because he wanted to move. Did Chelsea 'let' Hazard run his down, did we 'let' Sane run his down?

The price being so cheap is due to age. If this was a 24yo Thiago, he's going for a similar fee if not more.

Similar player to Gundogan who we also got for a great price and at a much younger age

similar injury concerns as well , although Gundogan has been much better than him for the past couple of seasons

I’m not sure he fits their style of play either, they generally bypass midfield and get it quickly to the forwards, unless he is their plan b to combat all the bus parking that’s coming their way this season

He is much better than Gundogan, unfortunately.

They upgrade, we keep the same average no nothing player.

Similar player to Gundogan who we also got for a great price and at a much younger age

similar injury concerns as well , although Gundogan has been much better than him for the past couple of seasons

I’m not sure he fits their style of play either, they generally bypass midfield and get it quickly to the forwards, unless he is their plan b to combat all the bus parking that’s coming their way this season
Gündogan can do all Thiago can if Pep gives him freedom, but still not quite on that level. Same profile but not quite the same level of player. Thiago is too good at ball retention and distribution.

Gundogan is an excellent midfielder, just not very fast. He and Thiago are very similar. I think it’s more fair to compare Thiago/Gundogan than Thiago/De Bruyne.

Excellent at what? Passing the ball sideways at snails pace? Jogging slowly to get back into position? Making defensive mistakes?

Without Dinho playing there we've got no world class quality. This is a signing we should've absolutely jumped all over, but have barely seems to touch.

He is much better than Gundogan, unfortunately.

They upgrade, we keep the same average no nothing player.
He would be an upgrade on whom tho? He cannot replace David, certainly not Rodri, and Gündogan already knows the system so why take a player of the same age out for another one who's considerably more injury prone? Let alone impossible because he just signed a new deal for us.

Excellent at what? Passing the ball sideways at snails pace? Jogging slowly to get back into position? Making defensive mistakes?

Without Dinho playing there we've got no world class quality. This is a signing we should've absolutely jumped all over, but have barely seems to touch.

Thiago is great but Ferna will be replaced in a year. Foden and Gundogan are both as good as Thiago if not better. We don’t need him.

Why is this thread even active? Is it that interesting to talk about a player that belongs to Liverpool?

Gundogan has a silky touch, amazing passes and can play with both feet. He’s a smart footballer. No need to bring in Thiago who would be another Gundogan.

If Gundo was so shit, then he would not play in the German team basically all of their important games. Fuck me he usually shines in his national team.

Let me tell you, if Gundogan had played at Bayern and now became available for 30m, Liverpool would be all over him probably.
Jurgen knows there’s no point in approaching us for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.