New panel on Question of Sport

This thread reminds me a bit of the outrage at Phil Thompson, Charlie Nicholas and Matt Le Tissier being replaced on Soccer Saturday recently. Much bleating about them losing their jobs because of their age and ethnicity, “boxes being ticked”, “political correctness gone mad” etc. Only for them to be replaced by Tony Pulis and Tim Sherwood.

One of the things I've noticed is that a lot of the people complaining also want to point out they've not watched it for years. Same with Soccer Saturday.

Yep, The Armitage Sports Center, Fallowfield.

Did you know that the 1893 FA Cup final between Wolves and Everton was actually held on that land there?

It was the ONLY time the Final itself was ever played there .... although the stadium did stage two FA Cup semi finals in later years.

Mind you back then it was known as the Fallowfield Stadium ..... there were many complaints that the stadium wasn't actually fit for use for such a big crowd , but that didn't stop the game going ahead anyway ...... the ground was only fit to hold 15,000 fans , but somewhere between 45,000-60,000 people actually showed up, and there was plenty of serious 'crowd disorder' too , as thousands of City and United fans turned up to mingle in with the Everton and Wolves fans .... as for the match itself Wolves won 1-0 to lift the trophy.

EAOLUxVXUAEmuOy.jpegEAOMp1KW4AADuNI.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I made the effort to watch a full QoS last night, it was hard work, 2 similar rounds, no what happened next or mystery sportsperson.

Think the highlight was Tuffers hair, well on the way to a Trumpover.

Did you know that the 1893 FA Cup final between Wolves and Everton was actually held on that land there?

It was the ONLY time the Final itself was ever played there .... although the stadium did stage two FA Cup semi finals in later years.

Mind you back then it was known as the Fallowfield Stadium ..... there were many complaints that the stadium wasn't actually fit for use for such a big crowd , but that didn't stop the game going ahead anyway ...... the ground was only fit to hold 15,000 fans , but somewhere between 45,000-60,000 people actually showed up, and there was plenty of serious 'crowd disorder' too , as thousands of City and United fans turned up to mingle in with the Everton and Wolves fans .... as for the match itself Wolves won 1-0 to lift the trophy.

View attachment 2605View attachment 2606
Technically there was no city fans, this game was a month before we were formed.

Well I made the effort to watch a full QoS last night, it was hard work, 2 similar rounds, no what happened next or mystery sportsperson.

Think the highlight was Tuffers hair, well on the way to a Trumpover.

I intended to watch but was having dinner. How did Stuart Pearce come across?

By who? The Mail or Twitter to get people even more angry about a programme they don't watch? It was statues a couple of months ago, then it Soccer Saturday, then it was Last Night Of THe Proms, last week it was a dance routine and now it's Question Of Sport. Then next week it will be something else - devide and conquer

It's easy this stuff

And as night follows day, here is the next one.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.