COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All settings deaths today updated to 11.

Adding another 2 from Northern Ireland.

This is actually the lowest since last Monday so may be a factor of weekend data.

This is a bit ironic, an article on herd immunity supplemented by a picture of mass graves.

The article says 1 in 500 in the city died so translate that into the UK and we need to agree to 80,000 more deaths to achieve relative herd immunity..
I supose it could be, it also might be lower if our healthcare system is better than in Manaus or if we shielded vulnerable groups sucessfully.

By the way im not agreeing or dissagreeing with herd immunity, I just think that this possible good news should be out there and discussed thats all.

My 13-year-old lad broke down crying today when he got home.

He's was told someone has tested positive in his side of the year eight bubble and he must self-isolate for 14 days at home.

Six months off school and he was so happy to be back, having missed so much of his first year at secondary school.

That's 96 kids on his side all being told they could not get the bus or tram home and needed to ring someone urgently to collect them. Kids in tears and panicking. He's at a grammar and some of these pupils come from miles around to go there (another debate)

It was inevitable and back to learning on Microsoft teams - he can cope with it but missing out on the social aspect and deeper understanding of his subject matter, certainly when it has come to sciences and experiments.

Poor kid is crestfallen and is just another casualty of those people who couldn't give a fuck and spread this disease around from the pubs to the parks.

No symptoms and hoping desperately he will be okay.

He's was told someone has tested positive in his side of the year eight bubble and he must self-isolate for 14 days at home.

Six months off school and he was so happy to be back, having missed so much of his first year at secondary school.

That's 96 kids on his side all being told they could not get the bus or tram home and needed to ring someone urgently to collect them. Kids in tears and panicking. He's at a grammar and some of these pupils come from miles around to go there (another debate)

It was inevitable and back to learning on Microsoft teams - he can cope with it but missing out on the social aspect and deeper understanding of his subject matter, certainly when it has come to sciences and experiments.

Poor kid is crestfallen and is just another casualty of those people who couldn't give a fuck and spread this disease around from the pubs to the parks.

Sorry to hear that Tolmie. Hope the wee fella is ok and gets back to school soon.

Sorry to hear that Tolmie. Hope the wee fella is ok and gets back to school soon.

Thanks pal, could fucking cry at the moment, really could.

Both my kids were so happy to be back at school, two weeks, and now this.

To add further insult to injury, he will be back one week and then half term week.

I just want my kids to have some hope and something to look forward to again.

So proud of them after one day out since March.

I really do worry for this generation of kids, my 11 year old did the same (broke down) halfway through lockdown, saying he just desperately wanted face to face interaction with friends.

The hopelessness as a parent of not being able to do anything to help with it too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.