Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

I thought Pep was really giving the Sky interviewer the short shrift there.
Very terse with him.

I think perhaps certain media may well be on a hit list.

An absolutely fantastic result, I predicted we'd lose due to our lack of match preparation compared to Wolves. I am delighted to be proved wrong. For once we rode our luck in the second half and their good chances didn't go in. I still think we need a centre half and a left back, possibly a striker but I don't expect to get them all, one would be nice.

Credit to the lads, no pre season, a few out injured and the pressure of the scouse vermin six points ahead. Brilliant.
Might it be a case, though, of whichever one yer get, yer could have done with one of the ones we didn't get!

Nathan Ake: "We wanted to start strong, new season. Wolves is a tough place, so we're very happy with three points. We tried to play the ball, keep the ball, make it difficult. We scored early; a bonus for us. After, we tried to control the game."

Nathan Ake on #ManCity working on a new formation: "Yes, in the last week in training we didn't have to much time, because pre-season has been all over the place. But I was very happy to make debut today and happy that we won!"

Kevin De Bruyne on whether he got an assist this evening: “Maybe because I start the new season with zero, they'll give me this one!”

Kevin De Bruyne on the title race: “We want to fight against them [Liverpool] and we’ll make each other better - for me, that's what sport is all about!”

Kevin De Bruyne on #ManCity replacing
@21LVA
: “I cannot recreate what David does, I have to play my game. Whoever is playing in the place of David, will do their thing."

Kevin De Bruyne on breaking Thierry Henry’s assist record this season: "I would prefer to have five goals and five assists and go away with the [Premier League] title. You can contribute in many ways!”

Pep Guardiola has said #ManCity will play ‘mostly players from the academy’ against Bournemouth in the
@Carabao_Cup
on Thursday.

Pep Guardiola: "We won the
@Carabao_Cup
three times in a row and we would like to continue but we don't have the players, in this period, to play every three days."

Pep Guardiola on whether he's happy: "I'm delighted, I don't have a nice smile, that's all. I am incredibly happy, it's just the reality right now and we have to be calm."

Pep Guardiola has stated that injured #ManCity players might not be fit until after the international break, other than Aymeric Laporte and Eric Garcia - with the latter having had 16 stitches for a head wound.

Good first half. Faded badly in the second. Jesus really isn’t good enough to take over from Aguero. Too many poor decisions and offsides. Ake looks promising and a solid performance from most. Relieved to get the win.

Aguero has 1 goal in 6 matches against Wolves, they are not an easy side to score against as a lone striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.