Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Anybody else experiencing a certain amount of difficulty in getting genuinely excited about this ‘football without people’, or is it just me?
Last night's result – a fine result against a difficult team. I should have been absolutely buzzing. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't. I was quietly chuffed. I'm certain that I would have felt entirely different if there had been the crowd in the stadium, theirs and ours.
It's just so very unnatural. I thought I'd get used to it, but if anything, the opposite is happening.
I think it’s more than that mate. There is a natural anxiety and uncertainty attached to this Covid. Normally watch football constantly, regardless of who playing. Not been arsed to watch any so far. That In itself is a personal worry

Last edited:
Brilliant 1st half, poor 2nd half. I'm not too worried about that as long as we acknowledge we were lucky. It was obvious we were knackered from around 65th minute onwards - except for Fern who was brilliant throughout. Individually sadly the only one I would mention is Mendy once again. He is still on this evidence nowhere near the player we thought we'd bought. In his 'defence', such as it is, others in the team (Rodri in particular?) should have supported him better once Traore remembered what he was supposed to be doing in the 2nd half. Good win though against a clever team. Others will drop points against them.

Brilliant 1st half, poor 2nd half. I'm not too worried about that as long as we acknowledge we were lucky. It was obvious we were knackered from around 65th minute onwards - except for Fern who was brilliant throughout. Individually sadly the only one I would mention is Mendy once again. He is still on this evidence nowhere near the player we thought we'd bought. In his 'defence', such as it is, others in the team (Rodri in particular?) should have supported him better once Traore remembered what he was supposed to be doing in the 2nd half. Good win though against a clever team. Others will drop points against them.
We were lucky, how do reach that conclusion. Totally bossed first half, and whilst we visibly tired, we rallied hard to thwart the chances they created.

Marriner was on form. Jesus gets kicked and pushed all game and rather than book a Wolves player he books Jesus for his first foul. Mendy's yellow was for a very soft foul with no malicious intent. Rodri was just stupid.
I only saw a couple of replays of the Mendy yellow, I'm still trying to work out what he did to deserve it let alone call it a foul, but that's Marriner all over, he's a snide fucker, I've had my eye on him for a good few years and he referee's us the same way, year in year out.

Anybody else experiencing a certain amount of difficulty in getting genuinely excited about this ‘football without people’, or is it just me?
Last night's result – a fine result against a difficult team. I should have been absolutely buzzing. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't. I was quietly chuffed. I'm certain that I would have felt entirely different if there had been the crowd in the stadium, theirs and ours.
It's just so very unnatural. I thought I'd get used to it, but if anything, the opposite is happening.
Same, if there was a crowd in I think we might have lost last night. I was quietly punching the air when the goals went in, but was kind of nonchalant about Wolves getting back into it, whether that was due to no vociferous home crowd to get the nerves up or just the inevitable way that we're all used to City doing things, it's not always as comfortable as it should be. Which is a good thing right? Can't be complacent and expect to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.