Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Anybody else experiencing a certain amount of difficulty in getting genuinely excited about this ‘football without people’, or is it just me?
Last night's result – a fine result against a difficult team. I should have been absolutely buzzing. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't. I was quietly chuffed. I'm certain that I would have felt entirely different if there had been the crowd in the stadium, theirs and ours.
It's just so very unnatural. I thought I'd get used to it, but if anything, the opposite is happening.

Like most posters thought we were brilliant first half , had to dig in second half and ride out the pressure .
Hope stones and Mendy come good , I’d given up on stones before last night , but maybe he might get one more chance , looking at reports of us chasing kouliaballie or kounde , it might be too late .
I am thinking lately though our defensive deficiencies are more down to the system , way we play rather than individual players.
I think what last night shown though is when we have the intensity to our game like in the first half , the system looks great and we look solid from a defensive point of view also .
When we’re tired and not pressing like we need to etc we look vulnerable as shown by the wolves pressure second half.

Anybody else experiencing a certain amount of difficulty in getting genuinely excited about this ‘football without people’, or is it just me?
Last night's result – a fine result against a difficult team. I should have been absolutely buzzing. I'm not going to lie. I wasn't. I was quietly chuffed. I'm certain that I would have felt entirely different if there had been the crowd in the stadium, theirs and ours.
It's just so very unnatural. I thought I'd get used to it, but if anything, the opposite is happening.
Exactly the same feelings

Absolutely brilliant first half last night. It’ll do wonders for the confidence of the team. Our football at times was superb. Second half we ran out of steam against a good team, with some poor defending.

Nobody was poor last night, well LB maybe, I would go as far as being 1 of our best 45 minutes this year, forget games after lockdown last night meant everything with those cnuts 6 points clear

Going back to Gabby, he frustrates the shit out of me, work rate is awsome you always get that level of effort from him but he's paid to score goals not just last night but many games he just isn't that CF who will bag you 20 much needed goals although he would cause havoc closing down defenders but he misses far to many imo
I see him as a false 9 rather than an out & out striker something City will be forced into next Summer

All I'm saying if Aguero misses a huge chunk then we are very limited up top, we are very lucky we have wingers & midfielders who score between 10-20 each goals a season

Like i said Gabby I like but not No 1 goal scorer which eventually we will need
Young Delap is very talented by all accounts

Good point at needing a CF or is it ? When we play without Sergio we dont tend to play with an out and out CF. I think with the front 3 of Sterling, Foden and Jesus the defence gets pulled all over the place with their inter changing.
It's a different system without Sergio. Sergio does work hard but I just think once the sad day comes Pep might play slightly different with Sterling, Foden and Jesus. And that the front 3 are meant to score not just Jesus !

Many feel like that but it is what we have and given recent developments likely to continue for some time.
Personally I find the idea of attending a game with reduced attendance and a raft of social distancing rules in place even less appealing. Hopefully things will be back to normal next season.

Marriner was on form. Jesus gets kicked and pushed all game and rather than book a Wolves player he books Jesus for his first foul. Mendy's yellow was for a very soft foul with no malicious intent. Rodri was just stupid.
Foden got a good battering too

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.