COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
N
Home schooling was the original schooling and has been a ‘thing’ since schooling began. I’m gonna assume that your choice of words didn’t really represent what you were trying to say. Either that or you simply couldn’t be arsed.
Not a thing as in you got in trouble taking kids out of school or keeping them away ,tbf i didnt expect people to take it literally

Wales ventilator beds up to 16 - increase of 10 in a week and 5 in last 24 hours.

patients up in the week here from 45 to 99 - a rise of 17 since yesterday.

Whilst this is undoubtedly a public health crisis, treating as it is the sole threat to health and well being is hugely problematic. We should deal with this as we deal with many threats to public health, in a coherent and balanced way.
We are in danger of abandoning a whole raft of cancer, cardiac, stroke and any number of treatable patients once again by chasing the impossible goal of Covid suppression.

One way to think of this disease is that it is a magnifier of already existing conditions and it most likely will only be ‘over’ by becoming endemic and coexisting with the other 200+ respiratory viruses that take away many elderly patients every year.

It would be judicious to balance any current measures with their present and future cost, particularly to the young.

That is fairly well put, and i agree. I do also however recognize the efforta to stop it spiking again, which in turn will lead to a lack of care for all patients of whatever illness, through services being overwhelmed.

I think until the public deal with it in a balanced and coherent way, it will be spikes and levelling and tightening and easing of reateictions for everyone while juggling keeping morale and the economy afloat.

Hospital numbers.

England patients up 74 today to 1335

They have risen every day since 2 Sep when it was 425. So 910 added in 19 days.

This time last week it was 866 - so up 469 on that in last seven days.

And even worse - well for me (hopefully I am misjudging the data again) - the biggest rise yet in vetilator patient numbers in England

up from 154 to 179 in 24 hours. A week ago they were 101.

Really struggling to spin them any way other than they look. Disturbing.

Sorry.

Last time there were more on ventilators in England was 6 July and more patients 14 July.
Not good. I so want to buy into bluejon’s opinion, however can’t see him being right, it looks like a shitshow to me.

Scotland patients up from 51 to 73 in past week and ventilators from 6 to 10.

N Ireland patients 36 from 23 and vetilators from 1 to 3.

Hospital numbers.

England patients up 74 today to 1335

They have risen every day since 2 Sep when it was 425. So 910 added in 19 days.

This time last week it was 866 - so up 469 on that in last seven days.

And even worse - well for me (hopefully I am misjudging the data again) - the biggest rise yet in vetilator patient numbers in England

up from 154 to 179 in 24 hours. A week ago they were 101.

Really struggling to spin them any way other than they look. Disturbing.

Sorry.

Last time there were more on ventilators in England was 6 July and more patients 14 July.

that mask wearing is working a treat.

From the people I've spoken to they are deeply sceptical of the testing methods and are worried that old covid cells are being picked up by the current tests creating false positives.
If that was the case, why is it increasing pretty much day on day ? If it was all "old covid cells", how could it be increasing daily ? Also it suggests many more must have had it (and presumably fairly recently ? how long can you find "old covid cells" for), yet we know from the ONS stats on antibodies that only 8% of those tested that way have them (17% in London apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.