COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load of absolute shite right there. You might not like the measures, but Whitty is not a 'clueless wanker'.
He’s not a clueless wanker but he is a single issue scientist at the minute and the government should be listening to different voices not just the same ones, week after week.

If we have an increase in suicides because people cannot go to the pub past 10pm - I'd really start to question the mental wellbeing of society at large. People are still able to get help, you cannot totally lay the blame of someone taking their own life at the feet of others.
It will be a consequence of people losing jobs, houses, relationships mate.

Fuck me. Just had a message - a person in my team ( started working last week so to be honest didn't know them well but I know he was struggling with working from home for a prolonged period ) took their own life this afternoon. Married witha 4 year old kid. I have worked at home for donkeys and its been no skin off my nose and I'll be honest I have questioned all this referencing to lockdown and its effect on mental health but this is bloody close to home
I lost a friend from the same back in July, was gutted.

Ok but symptoms can show a day or so after catching it. Plus the kids will have all been mixing the week before they started going back, shopping for uniforms and school stuff for starters.

there’s a tsunami of stress and anxiety building up out there, spoke to my doctor about it whilst at an appointment and in his 25 years in the job he’s never prescribed so many tranquilizers as in the past 5 months

It will be a consequence of people losing jobs, houses, relationships mate.

From what I understand, since the original lockdown we have not actually seen any big deviation in suicides in the country. Keeping in mind that the highest months for suicide are also Spring/Summer as well, which surprised me.

I think we have a massive problem with mental health in the community regardless of this economic stress and current situation. It's much more nuanced than just people losing jobs or being put under financial stress. Which can happen at any time.

Part of the problem is a massively underfunded health sector and this has been caused by years of conservative voting.

If we have an increase in suicides because people cannot go to the pub past 10pm - I'd really start to question the mental wellbeing of society at large. People are still able to get help, you cannot totally lay the blame of someone taking their own life at the feet of others.
maybe it was the thought of six more months with the threat of another enforced lockdown rather than 10pm closing, whatever, pretty insensitive comment given the nature of the post you were reacting to (not the one you replied to)

Would you rather they sugar coat it?

well perhaps show various scenarios with the sensitivities.

they presented one doomsday and portrayed it as it will happen.

they also chose to choose two countries doing poorly and not a variety , some good , some bad. Some ok

show full data, deaths by age , deaths by illness and what. Ages of those going into hospital , how many get out with new drugs .

Percentage of those who Get it and are are Asymptomatic

Numbers of those who have recovered From Covid

what the mortality rate is now.

we may have come to the same policy outcome but at least we would have a bit more info to make our own minds up.

never mind the indirect stuff.

waiting lists for cancer Treatment , heart disease
suicides v 5 year average ?
unemployment rate and projected for next 6 months
projections for business insolvencies.

just a little more .

seems to Me they have a view/ conclusion and then provide data to 100% support that view.

i would like to see a lot more data and transparency on these decisions

Last edited:
Think kids spread it just as much but don't suffer from it the same, which possibly make matters worse as you wouldn't know they had it
The mental health of everyone is a massive factor, during the first lockdown my doc advised me to ignore the advise and get back to work ASAP as my mental health was deteriating. I even had to get a letter from her before I was allowed back in work
There is plenty of evidence that younger kids dont spread it as easily as older kids and adults , both sides of the atlantic so i think they can have some freedom , i hope it raises tbe whole family seeing the kids enjoy themselves

Mental health has really suffered , i am sorry you have been affected, this has been the downside of lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.