Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters

True_Blue69

Hope everyone's downloaded the new NHS track and trace app and is checking in everywhere they go. Totally anonymous and uses Bluetooth to check in with other devices nearby to identify if you have been near anyone that tests positive.

Hope everyone's downloaded the new NHS track and trace app and is checking in everywhere they go. Totally anonymous and uses Bluetooth to check in with other devices nearby to identify if you have been near anyone that tests positive.

I was wondering when the app was going to be mentioned. Good that they realised the error of their ways and stopped going with the centralised data collecting method.

"the app’s model changed from a centralised scheme that sees an app’s operator create a single collection of data to a decentralised app in which only those who need to know about contacts can see data and only when they need to see it."

I was wondering when the app was going to be mentioned. Good that they realised the error of their ways and stopped going with the centralised data collecting method.

"the app’s model changed from a centralised scheme that sees an app’s operator create a single collection of data to a decentralised app in which only those who need to know about contacts can see data and only when they need to see it."

while i've not checked the app out yet, from when I was checking this out before now the term "contacts" can be a little confusing, in this case it means people you have been in contact with ( as in near to them physically ) as checked by blue tooth. Not contacts as in your contact list.

Last edited:
while i've not checked the app out yet, from when I was checking this out before now the term "contacts" can be a little confusing, in this case it means people you have been in contact with ( as in near to them physically ) as checked by blue tooth. Not contacts as in your contact list.
How close do you have to be for your phone to contact another users phone?

2 meters for 15 mins I believe

Yep looks like it

Can't see this making a difference to be honest, and can see it being classed as a shambles in a few days time. hopefully i'm proved wrong

its apparently using the google / apple system thats been successful in loads of countries. not sure on other countries defintions of "contact" though

I have downloaded the app. Its permanent Bluetooth so will hit battery but I am going to stick with it and see if it is in Anyway working as designed.

Something surely the govn are aware of will be the increase in panic test requesting as a result of people now using the app.... I will be fucked of if they once again blame the population for requesting tests, its like the govn don't think ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.