Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about you take a gander at the Eric Garcia 2019/20 thread? It is almost entirely full of praise.. up to a point.

Yes praise but that isn't the same as there being a belief that blues thought he was ever a real long term solution. Garcia stepped up and performed admirably when we had a defensive crisis but even his most ardent fans concede that his physicality doesn't bode well for him being a key man defensive force here.

I didn't say most City fans don't think he's a decent player or even that they don't rate him. I said that most don't rate him 'that highly (that he becomes a long term solution)'. Outside of being pedantic, I don't see anything controversial that I've said.

I've been honest about him all along & said I'm not convinced he'd make a centre back but may be a def mid.

Since he was unfairly promoted to the first team ahead of others, I think he's been total shit & he would never have played if he wasn't from Barca & Puyol wasn't his agent.

Harwood Bellis is younger has barely played for months on end & there is little to choose between them, even though Garcia has been a first team regular. He's nowhere near first team level at present, either.

Doyle & Delap were both better in their positions than Garcia tonight.

He has no right to have been fast tracked ahead of other kids, many of whom never even got 1 game for City.

I didn't watch the game last night, so won't comment. And since the re-start he has had a couple brain farts.

But, prior to that, he definitely showed promise and ability, and i disagree that he has been unfairly included kn the first team.

For a start, he hasn't had That much involvement, up to the point where Stones has been injured or recovering, and he was negotiating a new deal so getting the minutes to help get him to commit. And the games he played in, he did look comfortable. Heck as far back as last summer, when we were linked with Maguire, i certainly was happy to see him get promoted over spending 85m on harry.

I do still also maintain he is worth more to us in the squad for one more season, and off for free after (plus whatever Barcelona pay us through the tribunal fee) than say 15m that we'd get for him now. Not just from a football point, but also the stance of standing firm on our valuations, which we just can't seem to do. Usually, it's the 'oh we had to he's on high wages' assumption, well Garcia is on fuck all wages, young and club trained. I'd happily see us lose 15m and have him a season, and finally show some fucking ruthlessness in the market.

At 20m, different story, wouldn't argue with that at all, get him sold. Or, 10-15m as part of a deal for messi.

Being honest why don't you call for the immediate removal of all players, management and staff who have even the vaguest connection with "Barca". In fact why not start a petition to boot out all players, staff & management with any foreign connections including the owner and minority shareholders, then you can fast track all the wronged local lads. That Doyle lad has an Irish name so he'll have to go and that Delap chap's dad was an Irish international and his grand parents are from Donegal so he goes too. Just a thought, if what remains struggle a wee bit who are you going to blame ? Pep, Barca, Abu Dhabi, the EU, the U.N., Nicola Sturgeon, the Wombles etc. careful now you surely wouldn't want to "unfairly" blame the wrong scapegoat.

I do think you are way off on that one. I disagree on Garcia's potential/quality with NK, but i honestly highly doubt that is in any way whatsoever a consideration (even with the catalan pep/puyol link pointed out).

How about you take a gander at the Eric Garcia 2019/20 thread? It is almost entirely full of praise.. up to a point.

Why are you surprised?

Was the Sane thread any different? by the time he refused to answer questions on his future even before his injury, he had gone from ballon d'or material to a douchebag with some talent but poor attitude and a stoopid face, and by the time he next kicked a ball to a useless moany git that played no part (or a very small part) in our success.

Stones has not even been linked with a move, and he has never had a good performance for us now.

Being honest why don't you call for the immediate removal of all players, management and staff who have even the vaguest connection with "Barca". In fact why not start a petition to boot out all players, staff & management with any foreign connections including the owner and minority shareholders, then you can fast track all the wronged local lads. That Doyle lad has an Irish name so he'll have to go and that Delap chap's dad was an Irish international and his grand parents are from Donegal so he goes too. Just a thought, if what remains struggle a wee bit who are you going to blame ? Pep, Barca, Abu Dhabi, the EU, the U.N., Nicola Sturgeon, the Wombles etc. careful now you surely wouldn't want to "unfairly" blame the wrong scapegoat.

I've got a better idea.

Why don't you talk about football instead of trying, unsuccessfully, to be a smartarse ?

I didn't watch the game last night, so won't comment. And since the re-start he has had a couple brain farts.

But, prior to that, he definitely showed promise and ability, and i disagree that he has been unfairly included kn the first team.

For a start, he hasn't had That much involvement, up to the point where Stones has been injured or recovering, and he was negotiating a new deal so getting the minutes to help get him to commit. And the games he played in, he did look comfortable. Heck as far back as last summer, when we were linked with Maguire, i certainly was happy to see him get promoted over spending 85m on harry.

I do still also maintain he is worth more to us in the squad for one more season, and off for free after (plus whatever Barcelona pay us through the tribunal fee) than say 15m that we'd get for him now. Not just from a football point, but also the stance of standing firm on our valuations, which we just can't seem to do. Usually, it's the 'oh we had to he's on high wages' assumption, well Garcia is on fuck all wages, young and club trained. I'd happily see us lose 15m and have him a season, and finally show some fucking ruthlessness in the market.

At 20m, different story, wouldn't argue with that at all, get him sold. Or, 10-15m as part of a deal for messi.

All I know is, when he played in the League Cup games two seasons ago, players were coming out of position to win his headers for him, he made a collection of fuckups & Sandler was better than him, where's he ?

On his PL debut, he was all over the shop, gave Laporte the willys, Liverpool should have been 3 or 4 up, as usual, after 20 mins & when Mané ran at him, he fell over. Pep said afterwards he never makes mistakes.

In the games which folliwed was twice turned inside out in our box by Championship level players, made consistent positonal errors, was too slow, weak in the air & doesn't appear to understand the offside rule.

Danny Wellbeck came on for Norwich & turned him at the halfwayline then ran away from him. Then he stood praying for offside as Wellbeck ran clean through behind him.

His reward for all that was to get to play offsides v Arsenal & Lyon, where coincidentally, we were caught square appealing for offside on several goals.

He arrived back in the team last night & we were again getting caught square whilst he stood appealing for offside with City players clearly not level with him.

He's shite.

Whether he will become unshite one day, I don't know, but it doesn't matter, if he's in our team now, fucking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.