Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally thought he was like Garcia when he was at Utd. Made the right choice to go back to Spain

Pique had the physical presence right from the off, certainly he was an aerial beast due to his jumping and recovery pace at United.

I'd concede Garcia is probably better on the ball at this stage in his own development?

Last edited:
All the noises from the player was that he was happy and very appreciative of getting his chance on a regular basis.

The timing of this stinks and while that won't be down to Garcia, rather dirty tricks from Barcelona again, he needs to take responsibility for stringing City along, certainly when Pep had evidenced to him his trust and played him every week.

I think he is a nice tidy footballer and expect him to have a decent career, but as I said earlier this week, he's not better than Stones yet and might never be.

That's one thing United seem to have over us?

They recruit heavily in the Manchester area and we spread our net much wider on the youth global front, possibly a hindrance if a player does want to go finally go 'home'?
I posted something very similar on this thread a couple of days ago. Maybe concentrate on Dutch and Belgian talent as this doesn’t seem to be too much of an issue. More Northern European and no big club challenging regularly.

I deleted it though because FCBarca liked it. You know you’re chattin shit if he’s liking your post.

Lets not kid ourselves its disappointing. But i think it was inevitable. Just seems odd why leave in the first place, its hardly like he's played 100 first team games and proved himself.

For what its worth, i think hes a good prospect and will have a great career but i certainly wouldnt want him as first choice next season, which he wouldn't have been anyway.

Prefer stones to sort his head out and THB to get a go, see if he can cut it.

It's clearly a risk that City obviously see as being worthwhile but must be frustrating if the club really wants to keep the player.

But he's made his decision so we have to move on.

Yeah I can see on balance that the club might see it's worth the risk. And they do sometimes make decent money from the sales. But i think the fans at least need to not get too invested in these players. It's odd seeing people getting angry at someone who was a kid when he came here from another country and has decided he wants something else now. Gambling on the talent of a kid and moving them from country to country doesn't entirely sit well anyway to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.