How good were Pink Floyd?

I thought they were good when they first came on the scene.
Emily was a classic

The Wall is magnificent as a whole, as is Dark Side of The Moon. I have a very wide taste in music but can't think of any bands who have produced 2 such faultless works, imho. (TIn hat on as I await the pelters!)
Some single performers have done, but bands usually have a weak song somewhere on their albums.
Anyway, to answer the OP, they were brilliant when at their best, imho, as I say.

I liked them.

And anyone calling Gilmore average on guitar doesn’t understand that it’s not all about speed.
The technical skill of some of the triple bends on the one string is not for a novice.

I liked them.

And anyone calling Gilmore average on guitar doesn’t understand that it’s not all about speed.
The technical skill of some of the triple bends on the one string is not for a novice.

I did too, though his solos did sound a bit same-y. Distinctive would be a kinder word I suppose.
I never enjoyed Dark Side as much much most; far too much saxophone & wailing vocals for my liking, but loved WYWH, Animal, Wall & Final Cut was a masterpiece.
After Waters left they became a non-event for me, aside from 2 great tracks on the 94 album.

I did too, though his solos did sound a bit same-y. Distinctive would be a kinder word I suppose.
I never enjoyed Dark Side as much much most; far too much saxophone & wailing vocals for my liking, but loved WYWH, Animal, Wall & Final Cut was a masterpiece.
After Waters left they became a non-event for me, aside from 2 great tracks on the 94 album.
I must be one of the few Floyd fans that doesn’t rate the the Comfortably Numb as one of my favourites by the band.
Animals
WYWH
DSOTM

in that order for guitar for me.

The Wall is magnificent as a whole, as is Dark Side of The Moon. I have a very wide taste in music but can't think of any bands who have produced 2 such faultless works, imho. (TIn hat on as I await the pelters!)
as I say.
Id say there are quite a few poor songs on The Wall.
Even Gilmore thinks that.

Anyway it's all about what you prefer personally. It's subjective.

I can think of many bands that have produced 2 albums that I prefer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.