How good were Pink Floyd?

I did too, though his solos did sound a bit same-y. Distinctive would be a kinder word I suppose.
I never enjoyed Dark Side as much much most; far too much saxophone & wailing vocals for my liking, but loved WYWH, Animal, Wall & Final Cut was a masterpiece.
After Waters left they became a non-event for me, aside from 2 great tracks on the 94 album.
Pretty much an overall +1 from me. I as well seem to like Final Cut more than most. I really liked High Hopes from '94 and this 2002 Gilmour version of it.

I did too, though his solos did sound a bit same-y. Distinctive would be a kinder word I suppose.
I never enjoyed Dark Side as much much most; far too much saxophone & wailing vocals for my liking, but loved WYWH, Animal, Wall & Final Cut was a masterpiece.
After Waters left they became a non-event for me, aside from 2 great tracks on the 94 album.
I went off them after Momentary Lapse of Reason. I love Gilmour's vocals and superb guitar, but Floyd lost the moody scathing cynicism and angst that Waters provided in his lyrics. The Final Cut was a very underrated album. As for Roger Waters solo stuff, well the guy is a genius in my eyes.

@chesterbells Did you get round to listening to his solo albums, pal? I think it was you was asking about them.

You've done it now. One thing I learnt about music was you fight a losing battle unfortunately if you slag off
Bowie
Pink Floyd
Queen.

I would add oasis to that list tbf, god forbid you say they were not that good around here ;-)

Bowie = genius at times
Flyod = decent but once you have heard them you don't need to go back, I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to put their stuff on.
Queen = I"ll accept I like fat bottom girls and the flash gordon film , the rest I can take or leave. With the preference on leave.

But yes it is true across many forums say you don't like floyd or Zeplin and you are cast out as a parriah for having an opposite opinion.

Last edited:
Floyd were technically very good but I prefer music that stirs my emotions and they didn't always manage that.

To complete my banishment from music threads I should also add that Led Zeppelin did nothing for me. ;-)

Are folk still banging on about this band?
Time to let go and listen to modern music, not constantly harping on about music from the past.....
Frankly, Mr. Screamer, since you ask
You are a flatulent pain in the ass
I do not mean to be so rude
Still, I must speak frankly, Mr. Screamer
Oh, give us your money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.