#47 | Phil Foden - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't believe it, he's a City fan and has been willing to patiently wait for his time. Why would City need to offer that? He doesn't want out does he so why cost the club more money? City hold all the cards in a new contract and they will wait for Phil to ask or till he is in his final year imo. Or as a bonus (which will be more £80k £90k) for having an unbelievable season. He has only just broke in.

Don't believe it, he's a City fan and has been willing to patiently wait for his time. Why would City need to offer that? He doesn't want out does he so why cost the club more money? City hold all the cards in a new contract and they will wait for Phil to ask or till he is in his final year imo. Or as a bonus for having an unbelievable season. He has only just broke in.
We 'take care' of our most valuable players. i think it's a bit early, given he's not long signed a new contract, but we definitely reward those we want to keep

We 'take care' of our most valuable players. i think it's a bit early, given he's not long signed a new contract, but we definitely reward those we want to keep
I agree that we look after people but thats a big jump that for someone who like you say, has just signed a new deal and somene who is still at the point where they are earning a starting place week in week out and showing he can be a real danger for us. I'd get it if he'd just come of a blinding season but he hasn't as he featured in cameos. Large contracts should be earned by team contributions. Just my opinion of course.

maybe double his wages at most how many young players who got huge contracts and then fell away not say phil will but have to be carefull

We have to pay what hes worth (I don't know what hes worth), otherwise he might get unhappy. Doesn't matter in that sense that hes local boy, sure some discount but they still don't play at 50% discount. Iniesta, Xavi for example earned crazy money despite coming from La Masia.

Its a short career and got to rake it in. Being local doesn't change that.

He signed a 6 year contract 2 years ago so no rush but city always said they reward players when they show it on the pitch.

Don't believe it, he's a City fan and has been willing to patiently wait for his time. Why would City need to offer that? He doesn't want out does he so why cost the club more money? City hold all the cards in a new contract and they will wait for Phil to ask or till he is in his final year imo. Or as a bonus (which will be more £80k £90k) for having an unbelievable season. He has only just broke in.
Absolute rubbish. You expect him to stay on £30k per week until he’s 23/24?

As the local poster boy he will be well looked after and will be paid at market value. Granted, the report will no doubt be exaggerated, but if he is offered a new contract, it will only be fair.

He looks like he’s set to become a large cog in our first team this season.

Absolute rubbish. You expect him to stay on £30k per week until he’s 23/24?

As the local poster boy he will be well looked after and will be paid at market value. Granted, the report will no doubt be exaggerated, but if he is offered a new contract, it will only be fair.

He looks like he’s set to become a large cog in our first team this season.
Read my post properly. I said until he proves he warrents a raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.