Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this transfer doesn't go well? Whoever it is that fucked up. Only they will know exactly who decided that paying a little bit more for Kounde or Koulibaly was not acceptable, only they will know who decided not to buy Ruben Diaz who was available for the same price last season when we desperately needed a CB and were linked heavily to him.

It might go really well and Dias is perfect for us, I hope so.

My post was not saying that won't happen, it's saying that they can't afford for yet another big defensive signing to not to go well again.

Didn’t you say heads should roll if we get this wrong? If so, assume that would be Txixi and Pep.

From Benficas managers comments looks like we wouldn’t have got Dias if they hadn’t been knocked out in the Champions League qualifers, it must havd affected their finances big time that’s why they have relented on his buy out clause which was mooted to be € 100 million, we’ve been interested in Dias for ages, maybe he was our number 1 target and we’ve got him cut price because of Benficas finacial situation.

If this transfer doesn't go well? Whoever it is that fucked up. Only they will know exactly who decided that paying a little bit more for Kounde or Koulibaly was not acceptable, only they will know who decided not to buy Ruben Diaz who was available for the same price last season when we desperately needed a CB and were linked heavily to him.

It might go really well and Dias is perfect for us, I hope so.

My post was not saying that won't happen, it's saying that they can't afford for yet another big defensive signing to not to go well again.
I completely agree with your point, but the pedant in me has to point out that he wasn't available for 50m last summer - he has a release clause of 87m and having sold felix they didn't need the cash. They're only selling due to Covid and not making the CL group stage.

The big fuck up last summer was not buying Ake IMO

Edit: apparently his release clause last summer was around 60 million pounds, my mistake.

One of my mates who lives in Portugal convinced me on this signing tbh, he says Dias is THE best player in the league by far. And that he's ready made for a CL club because he's a leader. He's also a Chelsea fan so I just value his opinion a bit more because he can gauge the quality required in the Prem.

I completely agree with your point, but the pedant in me has to point out that he wasn't available for 50m last summer - he has a release clause of 87m and having sold felix they didn't need the cash. They're only selling due to Covid and not making the CL group stage.

The big fuck up last summer was not buying Ake IMO
Dias had €66m release clause last summer

Didn’t you say heads should roll if we get this wrong? If so, assume that would be Txixi and Pep.

I didn't specify whose head because none of us know who is making the final decision on getting player x over player y, or if player z is 5m too expensive so we'll get a second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.