Match Thread | Man City vs Leicester (27/09/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
apart from KDB there is zero creativity , Foden cant find room , he needs to go wide or drop deeper to get involved standing on the toes of their centre halves isnt working, Sterling isnt a central striker , he needs space in front of him
Pep needs a plan B , becasue this isnt working and Leicester will score another , Delap is our only central option , so bring him on and sacrifice either Rodri or Dinho , we dont need two holding midfield players when the opposition are happy to put ten behind the ball , sort it out Pep.

Just completely wasted on the left. Needs to be on the middle trying to create and stick an actual winger out there and maybe the young striker upfront. Our width is from our fullbacks and neither offer fuck all in the final 3rd.

Same old boring tippy tappy shit, teams Just sitting back packing the defence and waiting for city to lose the ball and hitting us on the break

A repeat of last season

in 40 years of watching city whilst technically the football we watch is brilliant it’s boring as fuck
We have devolved to tiki taka. Pep said he hated passing for the sake of it, well that’s what we do now.

Foden’s wasted on the left and Mendy continues to look absolutely useless.

The main thing I worry about Mendy is that he’s now completely devoid of all attacking threat. Just looks like a rabbit in the headlights when he gets the ball at his feet near the box.
I honestly don’t think Mendy would be anywhere near this team had we not wasted £50 m on him
He’s not to blame for their goal obviously but he has been awful and offers nothing going forward
I am losing hope he will ever recover from his injuries
Pity

Yeah unless you sit deep which we never will they offer us barely anymore protection and obviously offer next to nothing going forwards. Simply because teams counter by playing everything down the channels or over the top.

Correct, it happened all last season. You'd have thought by now the best tactician with significant resources would have plugged that weakness.

You're always a bit tentative to give up possession against a good counter attacking side like LC but agree that he has been fairly anonymous. Is Silva injured?

I'd like to see two forwards trying to split the the 2/3 central defenders with Bernardo dropping into the middle but they have to get more from the flanks. Sterling for all his ability is a non factor too in this setup, just not working and have to believe Pep will change it at HT
Yep, Bernardo is out injured for a bit. Along with Jesus, and Aguero obviously.

The reason the double pivot offers no protection, is because its at the expense of Walker taking up wider positions more often.

So we very often have Dinho defending in Walker's position, so there isn't really "more" protection.

My initial thought would be to put Ferran on, and take a wide right position to send crosses in and have Walker stay back more to stop counters.

Perhaps put Sterling LW and Delap as a striker as well, Foden doesn't seem into it and he has played alot recently so can't blame him.

Probably asking a too much of him and don't think Pep will do it, but I think the move is to sacrifice one of Rodri/Fern for Delap and let Foden drop into central midfield.

We don't need 2 holding mids because Leicester are just going to try to spring Vardy with long balls, and as it is both Sterling and Foden are out of position and ineffective. Might as well let Sterling and Mahrez try to wreak havoc on the wings, KDB and Foden create some magic in midfield, and see if Delap can help with the link up and be a big target in the box.

Caveat: there is a reason I am not a manager.
The idea is for two holding mids is to press quickly and not allow them to play the long ball itself...However it seems as soon as the intensity drops it becomes very easy to exploit the high line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.