Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

We used to sign the likes of Aguero, Tevez, Silva, Yaya, Kompany, de Bruyne etc. But we haven't signed that kind of class for a while and it's starting to tell.

yup 100%

Mendy rodri mahrez cancelo £220 million of average players in just them 4 alone

walker , Bernardo , sane , laporte , Jesus all look money well spent but pep has brought some average players for big money and the stinkers like Nolito

We are in a steady decline. And i'm not sure giving Pep more players is going to fix our problems. We had 70%+ possession. Not because Leicester aren't capable of keeping the ball. But simply because they let us. The problem is Pep.

We have declined considerably since Arteta went.

Poor recruitment, lack of pace, Pep looking like he has stayed long enough, no fans, injuries.

It all adds up.

But for me and I don’t like to pick on a young lad but as soon as I saw Garcia playing against Vardy I knew we were in trouble. Someone on the match day thread compared him to Stephan Jordan and he is honestly that bad. How for the life of me Barcelona want him?? Looks like a little boy who has won a competition to play.

It's hard to manage a team when you have so many injuries ... but i'm not convinced about any of Peps latest signings, or some of his team selections at times ...... some of these City players really need to ask questions of themselves, because they will eventually cost Pep his job if they continue to perform like this.

Regardless of who we pick to play in defense our defending is shambolic. That tells me its the defensive system. Which lands at Pep`s door.

Oh bore off mate no preseason most of them played international games. Few teams have had a proper pre-season. It’s absolutely pathetic to suggest getting beaten in that manner is due to no pre-season. Embarrassing

Not much time together from City's perspective containing two new signings. Season ended in the middle of August without much of a break either and you expect fresher performances?

There were warning signs with some of the signings when they were all at Barca, their core was still outrageously good and at the right age though so it didn’t get noticed - that and they never had to rebuild that core like they do for us. The other thing is I don’t think they really assess players personalities enough before signing them, in particular whether they’ll be able to cope with Guardiola.

Just on Mendy though, the player we signed is very different to the player we’ve got now post the ACL. That was bad luck as much as anything.
The injury has robbed him of his athleticism and pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.