It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many factors to why we don't look as threatening as we once used to, but the most obvious reasons are losing David Silva (a player who could control the play' well and dictate tempo of the game) and Sané (we have become slower, much, much slower, no more threat in getting behind with pace).

Hopefully Foden will grow into the Silva role (if he ever gets the chance) and Bernardo can do the job to some degree if he regains his form.

To me the biggest reason we are less effective is that we play inverted wingers who are always coming inside and as a result our only width comes from FBs who aren't really suited to attacking positions. Too much responsibility for our creativity is thus falling on CBs, DM and FBs, instead of on our actual creative players.

We seem intent on replacing club legends with value for money. Short term you can cover the cracks, long term you get found out. We operate in the £50m - £60m market. Still a lot of money and it gets you very good players, the odd great player like KDB, but it doesn’t regularly get you top tier players. We need to decide what we want to be.

I can actually see Stones and Garcia both going, with Kounde coming in. Leaves us with Dias, Laporte, Ake and Kounde as our four. Wouldn't rule out a left back as well.

Hopefully Foden will grow into the Silva role (if he ever gets the chance) and Bernardo can do the job to some degree if he regains his form.

To me the biggest reason we are less effective is that we play inverted wingers who are always coming inside and as a result our only width comes from FBs who aren't really suited to attacking positions. Too much responsibility for our creativity is thus falling on CBs, DM and FBs, instead of on our actual creative players.
Totally agree, it's why I said earlier we could maybe do with a midfielder, because our creativity seems extremely limited. I do not quite understand Pep sometimes, we were told Foden is David Silva's replacement, yet because he's left footed and quite agile + has an eye for a goal, he's not featuring in midfield at all, rather just in attack as a false 9 or a winger. He would give our midfield a lot of energy, how is it that the common fans can see it but Pep can't, he seems so disjointed and rather frustrated already this season, which leaves me concerned. His body language has been extremely negative since start of season, along with the comments he made about not winning Prem. His job is tough, and he's taken a very tough loss this year because of his mother passing away, but something else also isn't just quite right.

We seem intent on replacing club legends with value for money. Short term you can cover the cracks, long term you get found out. We operate in the £50m - £60m market. Still a lot of money and it gets you very good players, the odd great player like KDB, but it doesn’t regularly get you top tier players. We need to decide what we want to be.
The club seemed to be embarrassed to spend big money, to go out and buy the very best, how different to the time under Mancini.

We bought the best players and from the top clubs, taking their best assets and weakening them at the same time.

Why the change?

I can actually see Stones and Garcia both going, with Kounde coming in. Leaves us with Dias, Laporte, Ake and Kounde as our four. Wouldn't rule out a left back as well.
I could see that and go 3 at the back, 3 CB all with some form of pace, something needs to change and quickly.

I think we’d need another homegrown player. I know Stones has injury troubles but I don’t think we can solve these defensive issues with a tonne of money, rather a change in system or playing more conservative and smart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.