Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the highlights and with their fullbacks that team is nothing. That one thing we really really need is a lb. walker can do the job on rb but our left side is just struggling.
Tbf Trent is a much better footballer then walker aswell , walker probably better defensively, faster definitely, but as far as going forward picking out passes , crossing etc , not a patch on him unfortunately .
cancello looks much better going forward , but not convinced he can defend from what I’ve seen .

They play with such an intensity that its so hard to break through their press. We arguably did it just as well in 17/18 but the intensity from us has massively dropped, we also don't have the speed across the pitch.

It's going to be a tough season if we drop more points in the manner we did against Leicester. I don't see these dropping off.

Tbf Trent is a much better footballer then walker aswell , walker probably better defensively, faster definitely, but as far as going forward picking out passes , crossing etc , not a patch on him unfortunately .
cancello looks much better going forward , but not convinced he can defend from what I’ve seen .
Fuckin "Trent".....again...

i've said similar to my liverpool supporting mate for the past 2 seasons, if those fullbacks are properly attacked all game, liverpool would have problems. he agrees. nobody does it!!
Because their system makes it hard to do. Maybe a team like Wolves will, but very few get enough breathing room to organize their attack to focus on their fullbacks.

Sadly it almost feels like our system pretends it has their fullbacks. :(

I don't get all the doom and gloom from a few City supporters on here.
You aren't going to get that many bad calls or defensive mistakes in one game, as you did against Leicester. Laporte back and with defensive reinforcements City will always be up there.
Equally, as others have said, Leeds put 3 past Liverpool and on another day could ahve had more. Lacazette could and should have had more last night.
As you missed Laporte so much last season, it will only take an injury to VVD and Liverpool will be screwed, so I see it all very much still to play for. The same could be said if we were to lose Salah or Mane
I was surprised at how both Chelsea and Arsenal played against us in the last two games. They both seemed so passive almost. I contrast that to the number Pep did on us at the Etihad. No time, hassled us and with the quality in midfield, the quick one twos, the vision and we were shown up totally.
10 games in I reckon City & Liverpool will be up there, but I reckon it will be a scrap all season with all top teams beating each other

McNulty at the beeb 'can anybody live with irrisistable liverpool?'

3 years ago 'how to beat this man city team'

Wankers
Agreed , its all flavour of the month to sell papers / get clicks.
Ignore 99% of the media as it is all about the clicks and money. They have to get a response or be sensational.
We all know football goes in cycles and no team is invincible (save for Arsenal of the past).
Only as irrisistable as the opponents allow you to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.