Pep's contract situation

Another missing the point.

How many times do Liverpool defenders give away penalties only to see the officials and VAR declining to give them?

Handball twice last night on goals again not given or looked at? Mane who scored the equaliser shouldn't have been on the pitch?

Same posters ignoring that turn on our own and say they deserve it when we get pinged for the same and pinged we fucking get each and every time.
And Liverpool and Man Utd fans used to say City tactically fouled anything that moved.

If this bias was the basis for City's struggle, how did we get 100 points and win two league titles? The bias is there but you're allowing it to obscure the fact that City's defensive game has gone to pieces.

i edited my post immediately after making it. There is some refereeing bias but we repeatedly concede goals from the opposition's first attack because our defensive midfield is not up to scratch and our defenders make mistakes.

I'd be disappointed with Pep if he walked from this. He should rebuild City. That will be a test of his coaching ability. He should relish it, not run from it.

I will also be dissapointed but i wouldn't blame him one bit either if he does go because the game in the uK is fucking rotten to the core right now.

You know what Marv i could cope with a bit of human bias, its normal and natural but we don't see bias, we see outright corruption and cheating. The manipulation of the laws of the game to suit.

Covid wont do the football, VAR will aided and abetted by PiGMOB.

And Liverpool and Man Utd fans used to say City tactically fouled anything that moved.

If this bias was the basis for City's struggle, how did we get 100 points and win two league titles? The bias is there but you're allowing it to obscure the fact that City's defensive game has gone to pieces.

They did and up stepped the officials to book and send us off to stop it.

Every game we dominate the ball, every game we end up with more free kicks given against us and players booked.

Every single fucking game and the media push it and officials step up.

They did and up stepped the officials to book and send us off to stop it.

Every game we dominate the ball, every game we end up with more free kicks given against us and players booked.

Every single fucking game and the media push it and officials step up.
I agree the bias is there but in the recent past City were too good to be knocked off course by it. LCFC game was extreme. We had bad officiating but perhaps if garcia had closed down the Leicester forward who shot from 30 yards or tracked Vardy, or been able to, or our defenders hadn't gotten the wrong side of their forwards, we'd have done better. We were also without centre-forwards and playing a side that were parking the bus.

Something is wrong though when you go 1-0 up and still lose. And this didn't come out of he blue. Even at Wolves we were 2-0 up and completely in charge and yet if Wolves had taken their chances we'd have blown that one too.

There's still Laporte and Dias to come in. That could be a complete game-changer.

I think he has been at the club longer than he has been anywhere. I think he lost his mother in the summer. I think his wife has moved back to Barcelona. I think he is very much on record as being fucked off with the way the club is treated on and off the pitch.

Name me one side in world football that wouldn't struggle to win a home game in which the opposition is awarded 3 penalties?

I'm all ears?

Naturally however as Pep himself mentioned the refs are quick on accidental handball and placing your hands on the opponent in the area.

Slow reaction and poor defending allowed Leicester to get beyond us and do what they do best.

Our defenders are too slow in body and mind which is why we have conceded far too many goals in the three matches to date and unless we get some pace and energy and better quality in the back four not much will change.

Better finishing a Wolves could have scored 3 or 4 when we dominated possession.

79 PER CENT against Leicester and yet that have 8 shots on target for 5 goals FFS its not defendable penalties or not.

I agree the bias is there but in the recent past City were too good to be knocked off course by it. LCFC game was extreme. We had bad officiating but perhaps if garcia had closed down the Leicester forward who shot from 30 yards or tracked Vardy, or been able to, or our defenders hadn't gotten the wrong side of their forwards, we'd have done better. We were also without centre-forwards and playing a side that were parking the bus.

Something is wrong though when you go 1-0 up and still lose. And this didn't come out of he blue. Even at Wolves we were 2-0 up and completely in charge and yet if Wolves had taken their chances we'd have blown that one too.

There's still Laporte and Dias to come in. That could be a complete game-changer.

The days when we take the lead and shut up shop and be as deadly on the break as any side appear long gone Marvin and that is disappointing.

it was the hallmark of our 18-1-0 season at home under RM.

Other teams can do it and unless we do likewise we will bleed goals this season no matter who we have on the park.

I thought winning was the first priority and its not illegal to put 10 behind the ball and catch the opposition on the break as we used to do , West Brom , Everton and Manure ( 6-1 ) are three of many that come to mind.

Obviously I am mistaken when it comes to our play under Pep.

This is the PL Marv. Fine margins decide games. Leicester are a very very good side, as are Wolves. There are no guaranteed walkovers and when you have an official, laughed at for never giving penalties award 3 to an away side at this level you are not winning the game, irrespective of going 1 up.

Its unheard of to get 3 penalties at home, never mind as an away side but here we are, at the Etihad, with Oliver who we seemingly lose a lot with when he is in charge and rather than not giving anything he gives Leicester 3 penalties.

Remarkable Jeff.

Its getting like sunday league where your own man runs the fucking line and you get away with everything such is the cheating on display. City players have to put up with it every week and it starts to hurt confidence as you are waiting to get shafted. You see Sterling and co pushed over in the box and nothing is ever given. "He goes down too easily" say Sky and the refs take that onboard and give nothing. "No enough in it for me" says Neville and the ref agrees yet its Vardy or Maddison and its a penalty, its contact, yes its soft but you cant dive in like that, its silly, what did the City player expect, penalty and you get the same posters on here trotting the shite out as well.

There are 2 sets of laws of the game in this country right now and we get the ones in which its an uphill battle to try and win a game despite being dominant and the far better side each week whilst others can be a bot off, a bit lucky, make arash tackle in the box, handball leading to a goal and well...........it doesn't matter because they end up winning anyway.

Hopefully you all, like myself, have calmed down a bit from yesterdays debacle. I was trying to pinpoint something that I feel has been not right for a while, something that is lacking with the current group of players. I came up with personality and fun.

Prior to the last few games Pep rolls out - and I know he's never had a love affair with the British media - with a sullen, angry approach. Before the Leicester game he sounded more like Maureen - moaning about fixtures, players rest etc. I'm not sure he realises it but that kind of sets the tone for our entire club. We all are not having the greatest of times during this pandemic but football is our entertainment, the 90 mins that takes us away from everyday worries. Players are paid so much to play. I once spoke at length to Ian Bishop and he said most players would prefer to play more games than train! different times maybe but it's still a damn fine way to make a fortune.

I remember seeing the training session films when Pep first arrived and the players were really enjoying their work. The main instigators of that attitude are either gone or are on the fringes of the team. Bernardo is a case in point - for me, when fit, he would be in the starting 11 every single time. He understands that yes it's only a game but certain things, like his guard of honour actions, mean a lot to us fans. His work rate is incredible and I don't think he would have allowed himself to capitulate like some yesterday. He is always smiling and appears to be a good influence to all. It helps he's very talented too. The game needs personalities and I feel looking at yesterday we didn't have a single player who thought - "This is crap, I'm going to do something about it."

Maybe I'm over simplifying it -but one thing that drew me in way back in the mid 70's was we were always different and it was always fun to watch - even in the worst of times. I don't want to come across as being entitled, we leave that to the lot from the other side of town - We have been incredibly lucky to witness such a talented team for a decade or so - we've won more trophies than I ever dreamed we would. But, going forward I want to see a return of personalities, sprinkled with a bit of humour that makes us fun to watch. We have not become a poor side overnight and I don't doubt individual ability - I still think man for man we are the most talented squad in the PL but It is as a team that enjoys playing as well as each others company that will make the difference. If Pep can lead again with that wry wit that we love we will be fine - he just seems low and looking a bit negative which has seeped into the team. I'm sure It will be fixed but it needs to happen soon - I don't think any of us want to re-live the final 30 minutes of yesterday again.

Just my musings, so please forgive the length of the post - it's part of my therapy ha!
You’re bang on. I mentioned yesterday that I had watched All or Nothing again... the difference in fun-factor and general happiness is stark. It doesn’t look a fun club to be at right now. It’s so serious. The way they used to celebrate every single win as if it was a cup final. It really doesn’t look like there’s that same atmosphere in the dressing room. The club is so stale.

This is the PL Marv. Fine margins decide games. Leicester are a very very good side, as are Wolves. There are no guaranteed walkovers and when you have an official, laughed at for never giving penalties award 3 to an away side at this level you are not winning the game, irrespective of going 1 up.

Its unheard of to get 3 penalties at home, never mind as an away side but here we are, at the Etihad, with Oliver who we seemingly lose a lot with when he is in charge and rather than not giving anything he gives Leicester 3 penalties.

Remarkable Jeff.

Its getting like sunday league where your own man runs the fucking line and you get away with everything such is the cheating on display. City players have to put up with it every week and it starts to hurt confidence as you are waiting to get shafted. You see Sterling and co pushed over in the box and nothing is ever given. "He goes down too easily" say Sky and the refs take that onboard and give nothing. "No enough in it for me" says Neville and the ref agrees yet its Vardy or Maddison and its a penalty, its contact, yes its soft but you cant dive in like that, its silly, what did the City player expect, penalty and you get the same posters on here trotting the shite out as well.

There are 2 sets of laws of the game in this country right now and we get the ones in which its an uphill battle to try and win a game despite being dominant and the far better side each week whilst others can be a bot off, a bit lucky, make arash tackle in the box, handball leading to a goal and well...........it doesn't matter because they end up winning anyway.
All 3 pens Leicester got where pens caused by bad defending. Nothing sinister there at all you are coming over all hysterical. We lost the game because we couldn’t contain the counter attacks or press when they had the ball.

Blame the ref if it makes you feel better but on this occasion it is making you look like a complete nut job. Don’t get me wrong there has been times where the refs have made very questionable decisions but in the case of the last 2 games are fragility at the back has been exposed and it has nothing to do with refereeing.

I feel like some posters find it hard to admit that we are struggling defensively at the moment and Liverpool are the best side in the country. Yes it is frustrating but we will be back

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.