Welcome Ruben Dias!

The expectations on Dias are huge but he looks mentally tough. I have a good feeling about delap and it is fantastic to see the academy players come through. Doyle and Palmer didn’t look out of place either.

The academy is starting to deliver. If they are good enough like foden they will stay and if not we are producing players of a good standard which we can make a few pound on. Win win .

The expectations on Dias are huge but he looks mentally tough. I have a good feeling about delap and it is fantastic to see the academy players come through. Doyle and Palmer didn’t look out of place either.

The academy is starting to deliver. If they are good enough like foden they will stay and if not we are producing players of a good standard which we can make a few pound on. Win win .
agreed. for so long we put academy players in the team who sort of seemed a bit 'rabbit caught in the headlights' on the pitch. e.g. sandler, aleix garcia, celina, maffeo, denis suarez.

Now we have a small group that genuinely look like they could slot in no problem

agreed. for so long we put academy players in the team who sort of seemed a bit 'rabbit caught in the headlights' on the pitch. e.g. sandler, aleix garcia, celina, maffeo, denis suarez.

Now we have a small group that genuinely look like they could slot in no problem
Interesting argument to be had with that I think, I think you make a very good point though. Perhaps too easy for me to say and perhaps considered rude but the likes of Suarez and Aleix Garcia never got to grips with the physicality of English football, too technical and light weight perhaps. Compared with the likes of Delap, Palmer and even Foden (despite his height) look like they will if not already be up for the physicality of the premier league.

On that same note, Eric Garcia looks like Ruben Dias son in training photos, excited to see Dias play and hopefully we can finally get a back four on the pitch for a few games together and build back a spine in our team.

From Pep’s comments it seems like he’s nailed on to start alongside Laporte tomorrow. Just a gut feeling.

Interesting argument to be had with that I think, I think you make a very good point though. Perhaps too easy for me to say and perhaps considered rude but the likes of Suarez and Aleix Garcia never got to grips with the physicality of English football, too technical and light weight perhaps. Compared with the likes of Delap, Palmer and even Foden (despite his height) look like they will if not already be up for the physicality of the premier league.

On that same note, Eric Garcia looks like Ruben Dias son in training photos, excited to see Dias play and hopefully we can finally get a back four on the pitch for a few games together and build back a spine in our team.
....until the inevitable injury and four-month layoff.....

I am delighted to have a new centre back in the squad and given the length of the contract the Club have given him, clearly the management team think he’s the real deal. I really hope they’re right as we have to fix this hole in our defence.

On another related topic I just read an article in the MEN about Ruben auctioning off a signed shirt for City in the Community. A great gesture indeed. I thought I would have a look at the website where the shirt is being offered and it all gets a bit strange. Firstly, payment can only be made by crypto-currency (what normal person has access to that ?) and then you get the add-ons, a minumum £13.60 processing fee and a minimum £50 shipping charge (for a shirt ???). This is supposed to be a charity auction but it feels like someone is looking to make a decent profit from the transaction. It feels a bit tacky.

Rant over, I’m looking forward to seeing him on the pitch, hopefully today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.