Champions League 2020/21

god this year's schedule is compeletely fucked.

If they had cancelled last season like sensible people then this year's calender wouldn't have been any where near as fucked up. But I guess they were so desperate for the cash cow to have their payday that it doesn't matter

It will when close to the end of this season when all the England's players are knackered. Then Gareth Southgate will be asking the clubs to rest all of England's players

They finished 2nd in your league. Are you sure that's not just your rivalry with Marseilles talking? I don't know much about French football other than Lyon got the better of us recently and they didn't even qualify for the CL from Ligue 1 last season.

City got one of the sides from Group 1 that you wouldn't have minded getting. But the sides from Group 3 and Group 4 were tougher than they might have been. I think of the English clubs, we have the toughest draw as there are no walkovers. Observers think Utd have a tough draw. They have a job finishing above PSG, but they also have a Turkish side few will have heard of, and they play Leipzig. Leipzig did well last season for one reason only (Timo Werner).
Nothing to do with the rivalry. Ask any french fan or any L1 follower. OM is trash.

They finished second last year, yes, but they were starting to lose a lot of steam. Teams were catching up to them and then Covid happened and secured them the second place.

Add to that they didn't play a lot of games that season since they weren't qualified for any European cup and they were quickly out of domestic cups as well.

Now, take the same weak team and make them play every 3 days due to CL and it is a whole other story.

For the record, their last European adventure was hilarious :

They managed to finish last, only taking one point out of Apollon Limassol, a club we had never heard about before.

But well, their last CL adventure in 2013/2014 was something else :
RangÉquipePtsJGNPBpBcDiffRésultats (▼ dom., ► ext.)Drapeau de l'AllemagneDrapeau de l'AngleterreDrapeau de l'ItalieDrapeau de la France
1126402116+50-13-13-0
212640285+31-22-02-0
3126402109+12-12-03-2
406006514-91-21-21-2

They are one of the few clubs (i think the first) to finish with 0 point.

Lyon is definitely a better club in Europe, and overall, than OM post Tapie days. Lyon is also the only club in France that has managed to beat us or draw us regularly the last few years . In a good day for them and a bad day for you, it is understandable they could beat you. But OM is not the same. You'll be surprised how bad they are compared to OL.

People are talking about MU getting an hard group and maybe finishing third but PSG is a lot weaker than last year. I can't safely say we are going to win this group. It will be hard.

PS: that being said, OM has only one quality : being a counter attacking team. They cannot play, dictate the flow of a game. They are struggling a lot at home this season because of that reason : they are expected to attack and can't counterattack.

Now that i think about it more carefully, City clearly got the easiest group by farrrrr.

Porto, the tier 1 team, has just sold their best player Telles to MU. They are also supposed to sell their captain Danilo Pereira to PSG in the next hours.

I think Marseille may finish on top of Porto now. Not too sure though.

Squads registered today. We have a foreign spot free so we can register a 5th home grown player. Will it be Carson or Delap I wonder...

(Delap doesn't qualify for the B list as he's only been at the club for 1 year)

We've got a cracking draw IMO, it's just a shame that the chumps league wont play to a finish this season, just one glance at the pointless international games being played today suggests that this covid will spread like wildfire in the football fraternity.

We need to win the first home game against Porto. If we are going to do that we need to get our first team squad fully fit. However with so many injured, those that are left are at a bigger risk of getting injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.