Champions League 2020/21

Nothing for granted but one of best draws could get.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see % of home victories in groups stage at least to be higher than usual

Marseille will finish last. Quote this.
Beat you a fortnight ago. Finished 2nd last season.

I don't know why City fans think we have an easy draw. We dont have a Tier 1 opponent in our group but all 3 opponents are good sides. No easy games. Utd and PSG will walk your group.

Friday for the exact dates & times I think. We know the matchweeks though.
Basically every week between now and Christmas apart from the next two weeks and two weeks in November for the next international break.

Everyone says they want a non seeded draw until someone links a mock draw and then you realise it would just become the FA Cup or League Cup where before the last 16, 90% of the ties are very one sided and foregone conclusions.

Worth looking at the bracket for the last European cup just to see how many games there were that no one would ever want to watch.
Isn’t that already the case? At least with an unseeded open draw there’s a chance of some interesting ties and not just the same opponents every other year. Pointless suggestion anyway, it will never happen as the loss of revenue for a heavyweight like say Barcelona going out in the group stages would be disastrous and will never be allowed to happen.

We need to win our first game. Then take it from there. Hopefully a can win the first three games, then that should almost see us through to the knockout stages of the Champions League.

Beat you a fortnight ago. Finished 2nd last season.

I don't know why City fans think we have an easy draw. We dont have a Tier 1 opponent in our group but all 3 opponents are good sides. No easy games. Utd and PSG will walk your group.
They beat us with insane circumstances going their way. Back from CL finals and european national teams competitions, everyone getting Covid, etc. And we dominated the whole game. There is a reason why they had not beaten us in allo 10 years before.

They then managed to only win 2 points out of 9 at home. Got completely dominated at home by Metz, a team PSG did beat 9 v 11.

They are bad. Very very bad.

They beat us with insane circumstances going their way. Back from CL finals and european national teams competitions, everyone getting Covid, etc. And we dominated the whole game. There is a reason why they had not beaten us in allo 10 years before.

They then managed to only win 2 points out of 9 at home. Got completely dominated at home by Metz, a team PSG did beat 9 v 11.

They are bad. Very very bad.
They finished 2nd in your league. Are you sure that's not just your rivalry with Marseilles talking? I don't know much about French football other than Lyon got the better of us recently and they didn't even qualify for the CL from Ligue 1 last season.

City got one of the sides from Group 1 that you wouldn't have minded getting. But the sides from Group 3 and Group 4 were tougher than they might have been. I think of the English clubs, we have the toughest draw as there are no walkovers. Observers think Utd have a tough draw. They have a job finishing above PSG, but they also have a Turkish side few will have heard of, and they play Leipzig. Leipzig did well last season for one reason only (Timo Werner).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.