Arsenal (H) | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way someone called Arsenal long ball merchants lol. They can deffo play pretty football but in big games Arteta prefers a more defensive approach and there is nothing wrong with that. I think this game ends in a draw, Arteta knows how to beat Pep and I'm pretty sure Pep would have learned a lot from the last two games against him. Arsenal will play very deep with possibly 3 cbs and Auba and Lacazette upfront stretching our backline on counters. I'd like to see this lineup provided we avoid any further injuries in the Intl break *fingers crossed* :

--------------Ederson------------------
Walker---Dias--Laporte--Mendy/Ake
----------------Rodri-------------------
-----------KDB-------Bernardo--------
Foden---------Sergio---------Sterling

I never said anything about not fit to lace his boots

He is a downgrade in terms of defensive cover however which is what I have said and i dont think many would disagree

Rodri is hardly a kid either
I never said you did, but comparing a player who has been with us for a long time (and when at his peak) against a player who has only just arrived is ludicrous.

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Ake

Rodri
Gudongan
Kdb

Bernardo
Jesus
Sterling

I hope for that team maybe fern or Bernardo in for gudongan but I do feel it wouldn't harm us keeping the ball better in midfield and gudongan is best at that. Also expecting a few to come back with niggles/ covid. As have to stupidly travel all over

I never said you did, but comparing a player who has been with us for a long time (and when at his peak) against a player who has only just arrived is ludicrous.
why - they are both professionals - its not like Rodri is some kid from the EDS. He is an international footballer

the comparison is needed and fair cause they are playing the same position - rodri is now into his second season with us...ferna was already at a better level in his second season than rodri is at present and if anything Rodri looks like he is regressing a little the way he has started this season (though again in the interest of fairness that could be due to lack of pre season, team structure etc etc)

People can see what Ferna could possibly give us in that position based on what he has previously that Rodri doesn't (and Im not saying he would definitely be able to it as I don't know as he hasn't played there in a while)

What is unfair is to say Rodri is better in that position than Ferna at the moment - we don't have the data for a basis of comparison as Fern hasn't played there in around 18 months.

When Leeds got on top in the second half, it was Ferna who changed the course of the game and got some control back fir us. We miss him whenever he is not in that DM position.

This is a really, genuinely terrible take.

How the fuck does someone see Pep take off 2 forwards for 2 extra midfielders, so we now have Rodri, Foden, KDB, Fernandinho and Bernardo in the midfield, and bring Ake on as a narrow, tucked in left back and see us get back control through having a 6 vs. 3 in the middle of the pitch and say "oh that's all because Fernandinho came on!".

If the substitution had been Rodri off and Fernandinho on and we suddenly became amazing, then you'd have had a point.

It does sum up the complete inability of some posters to look at this rationally though.

why - they are both professionals - its not like Rodri is some kid from the EDS. He is an international footballer

the comparison is needed and fair cause they are playing the same position - rodri is now into his second season with us...ferna was already at a better level in his second season than rodri is at present and if anything Rodri looks like he is regressing a little the way he has started this season (though again in the interest of fairness that could be due to lack of pre season, team structure etc etc)

People can see what Ferna could possibly give us in that position based on what he has previously that Rodri doesn't (and Im not saying he would definitely be able to it as I don't know as he hasn't played there in a while)

What is unfair is to say Rodri is better in that position than Ferna at the moment - we don't have the data for a basis of comparison as Fern hasn't played there in around 18 months.
This isn't the right thread, so will leave it there

I only brought it up as a comment to show that at present we have regressed in that position.

there is little evidence to go off to say who would be better in that position at present as ferna has hardly played ther in 18 months or so - people keep saying his legs have gone but i don tsee that...i do see he cant play every 3 days which is fair enough but when they played as the double pivot it was doing well till ferna was taken off and then it fell apart.
Of course it could have happened the same way if Rodri was taken off as well

But there is litttle evidence to base an opinion on who is better there at present
The evidence we've seen suggests it's not Fernandihno. Why is everyone pretending they don't notice how often he gave the ball away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.