Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
Yep that's what i thought but then they threatened disaplinary procedures, it won't be the end of it.

If the person who tested positive gives your phone number to the track and trace team and they contact you telling to self isolate, then you have to.

There's a potential £10,000 fine for ignoring it.

Can't see this making a difference to be honest, and can see it being classed as a shambles . hopefully i'm proved wrong

didn’t see this coming ....

The contact-tracing app for England and Wales has only sent one alert about a coronavirus outbreak in a venue since it was launched two weeks ago, despite being used for millions of check-ins, Sky News has learned.

didn’t see this coming ....

The contact-tracing app for England and Wales has only sent one alert about a coronavirus outbreak in a venue since it was launched two weeks ago, despite being used for millions of check-ins, Sky News has learned.

Given that we seem to be only testing people with symptoms we would expect a lag in notifications, wouldn’t we? Also does it show a positive that people who are potentially poorly are not going out?

I accept that 1 notification seems extremely low/inaccurate but I’d give it a bit longer than 2 weeks

Given that we seem to be only testing people with symptoms we would expect a lag in notifications, wouldn’t we? Also does it show a positive that people who are potentially poorly are not going out?

I accept that 1 notification seems extremely low/inaccurate but I’d give it a bit longer than 2 weeks

pretty much everyone i know hasn't either downloaded this or keep it on , it's not going to work.

pretty much everyone i know hasn't either downloaded this or keep it on , it's not going to work.

That’s not an app issue that is a public compliance issue - we can’t moan that we don’t have an effective Track and Trace system if as a pubic we don’t take part

Although I have the app and have been using it I do worry about how accurate it is going to be. To give an example, last Sunday myself and the wife went out for some breakfast at a cafe. I used the QR code to check in there but because we had our dog with us we were put in a separate annex to the main cafe bit. With the exception of the waitress, not a single other person came in there during the time we were present. Now the thing is, the rest of the cafe was really busy so if someone else in there at that time was subsequently tested as positive would I then be told to sef-isolate despite the fact I was basically in a separate room? (It hasn't happened by the way it was just something I wondered at the time!)

Although I have the app and have been using it I do worry about how accurate it is going to be. To give an example, last Sunday myself and the wife went out for some breakfast at a cafe. I used the QR code to check in there but because we had our dog with us we were put in a separate annex to the main cafe bit. With the exception of the waitress, not a single other person came in there during the time we were present. Now the thing is, the rest of the cafe was really busy so if someone else in there at that time was subsequently tested as positive would I then be told to sef-isolate despite the fact I was basically in a separate room? (It hasn't happened by the way it was just something I wondered at the time!)
Yes you would

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.