Covid app

Will you download the new NHS Covid app?

• Yes

Votes: 99 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Unable

Votes: 11 6.0%

• Total voters
Went to 2 different pubs in Wales today. The NHS scanner did not recognise the QR code in either venue.

Went to 2 different pubs in Wales today. The NHS scanner did not recognise the QR code in either venue.
I'm the same been in a shop in Oldham along with a takeaway & pub out of the area and it didn't work....it seems it's worse than useless as people will be pretending to sign-in with it.

All our business is based around hospitalty and we have a holiday rental.....we have to have or download this app for us, our guests and our clients. I cant download the app because it's an old (ish) phone with no more space.I've printed the fuzzy blocks off, sent it to our cleaner who now has to pin it to the wall, then someone with an app presumably wafts their phone over it or takes a picture of it and all is good.....Not one person that I have spoken to understands nor can see any benefits to this and I haven't a clue either, that's not saying much by the way.....I'm confused and pissed off with being told I have to walk ONE WAY round a fucking busy supermarket to buy a sandwich, as if that's going to save the planet.

Rant over !!

That may not have been NHS code. Happened to me on Friday. Didn't work first scan. It was then pointed out that it I'd scanned the brewery in house code and not the track and trace.

Last edited:
Can't be arsed to look this up so asking on here, what's the point of the little check in QR code things?

Surely GPS data can record where you are without having to scan a code to 'check in' somewhere?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.