Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

You’ll never take the kippax and no one ever did
As you no and in full voice to sing yoùuuuuuu never take the Kippax.
Whilst goading the cunts.
Was one off the best chant
When I think now cunts taking selfies.
But yeah some fantasist said they did
We knew different mate.

Been thinking of starting an Operation Omega thread for a while but may as well put it in here.
Mid to late 80s was the era for me. Went home and away. There was some form of trouble at most games. Had moved to Blackpool in early 80s and a group of us travelled together from there. Knew most of the Govenors and Young Governors. Home game was a meet in Bruswick or Merchants depending on who we were playing.
For big matches (Utd, Scouser. WH, Chelsea etc) we'd meet up with City's firm. Safety in numbers. Otherwise we would just go on the piss.
Around this time a few clubs were having early morning raids. We sensed City may be soon after a few large scale incidents and numerous smaller ones. Sure enough it did in 1988. 26 arrested for various offences. There is been a lot said about how the police infiltrated The Governors.
From comments in this thread I suspect a few people on here were either arrested or knew ones who were. Would be interested to hear how they think DS "Henri" and his fellow officers did infiltrate City's mob. Have my own theories but would like to hear others too.
Can't believe it's over 30 years ago!!!
Apart from the obvious reasoning I always wondered why one of the main defendants in the guvners trial threw his hand in at the last minute and changed his plea to guilty ....

As you no and in full voice to sing yoùuuuuuu never take the Kippax.
Whilst goading the cunts.
Was one off the best chant
When I think now cunts taking selfies.
But yeah some fantasist said they did
We knew different mate.
Half and half scarves back then don’t think so how times have changed m8

Half and half scarves back then don’t think so how times have changed m8
Yep,dont get that shit.
In the day 2 blue & white & maroon scarfs
On your wrist and some cheap leather city wristbands,(mcfc)and a couple of little badges felt I was the man,lol

They tried setting the Shell garage on fire once on Wilmslow road. Then about 50 of them got together and marched towards Maine road all (seemingly) nonchalant and cocky, singing their song 'marching all together'. But little did they know of their imminent fate. Ambushed to leave most of them on the deck, like flat Yorkshire puddings.
Attack by Manc punk band Armed Force seemed an apt tune to ruck; )
"We don't turn away, we don't turn our backs, this is what we do, attack attack attack".

Always thought Leeds and city were equal off the field and both could draw massive numbers in there day did millwall away with both in the 80s and city and Leeds both did ok down there . Utd I always thought we’re not on the ball in the 80s but came into it during a he 90s . I remember being at the Utd millwall game in about 89 and milwall smashed them outside on the forecourt .

Yep,dont get that shit.
In the day 2 blue & white & maroon scarfs
On your wrist and some cheap leather city wristbands,(mcfc)and a couple of little badges felt I was the man,lol
Got loads of them little badges on a pin board got about 100 of different away club ones as well miss them days so much

Great thread people who weren't around them days wouldnt be able to get their heads round what a buzz lads involved got
Couple of points
I dont agree with poster who said hooligan gangs only targeted those who were up for it .anyone was fair game
In the 70s the rags used to have the right hand of Kippax near to North Stand with a bit of rope segregating rival fans lol
Every year we managed to push them right back to the corner
Reading had Scoreboard /North Stand in 1968 in cup 0-0 no violence but us young kids were in there nicking scarfes and bobble hats wtf
First major kick of i seen was against Everton at night match in 1969 fn mental
I was in Merchants about 1992 when Unit*ds top lads tried to do us
They never got through the door and got chased all over Picadilly ( i was a bystander then) honest
The buzz back then was somet else
Thousands of young lads jumping on " football specialls" like an invading army
Glad i lived through those times but equally glad by & large nothing on that scale happens now ( or not often)

Last edited:
Great thread people who weren't around them days wouldnt be able to get their heads round what a buzz lads involved got
Couple of points
I agree with poster who said hooligan gangs only targeted those who were up for it .anyone was fair game
In the 70s the rags used to have the right hand of Kippax near to North Stand with a bit of rope segregating rival fans lol
Every year we managed to push them right back to the corner
Reading had North Stand in 1968 in cup 0-0 no violence but us young kids were in there nicking scarfes and bobble hats wtf
First major kick of i seen was against Everton at night match in 1969 fn mental
I was in Merchants about 1992 when Unit*ds top lads tried to do us
They never got through the door and got chased all over Picadilly ( i was a bystander then) honest
The buzz back then was somet else
Thousands of young lads jumping on " football specialls" like an invading army
Glad i lived through those times but equally glad by & large nothing on that scale happens now ( or not often)
Platt lane end..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.