Joy Division / New Order thread

Only recently properly got in to both bands. Of course I've heard "love will tear us apart" and "blue Monday" millions of times but decided give a few albums a go.

Absolutely love "temptation", probably my favourite NO track. Atmosphere would have to be my faveour JD track.

Both, but only up until 1987. New Order went progressively from being the best band in the world to an embarrassing shell of themselves after that. That new single is appalling, like a novelty record.

I have both of Joy Division’s albums but I seem to prefer more tracks of theirs that weren’t on either album:
Digital
Transmission
Atmosphere
Love Will Tear Us Apart
etc.

What’s the deal with those tracks, were they just singles and B-sides? Or is there another album I just don’t know about with them on?
Bands used to do this in the 'old days' to encourage fans to buy the singles knowing that they wouldn't get them again on the album.

Both, but only up until 1987. New Order went progressively from being the best band in the world to an embarrassing shell of themselves after that. That new single is appalling, like a novelty record.
Technique is a great album. I agree after that they went a bit downhill but still with plenty of moments of inspiration

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.